165th Signal Photo Co. POM code?

General Colt

Hi guys,

I do reenacting for the 165th Signal Photographic Company. Specifically, Detachment "L". I found Det. Q's POM code on Ben Major's site, but not Det. L's. Does someone have a POM code for Detachment L of the 165th?

Thank You,

Colt ;)

What the heck is a POM code? Thanks!

POM codes are a type of serial number and color code system utilized during Operation Neptune for the marking of equipment and vehicles for easier identification of a unit's equipment (similar to the Marine Corps' UNIS markings). This site also has some more detailed info on the POM markings as well as examples if you click on the tab entitled "browse" https://www.med-dept.com/pom/about.php.

Johan Willaert

As far as I recall, the lowest/smallest units to have POM codes were Company or equivalent level... Therefore all Detachments of the 165th SPC would have had the same code, 43814, buff over green over buff...

post-92-0-65019700-1510487079_thumb.jpg

As far as I recall, the lowest/smallest units to have POM codes were Company or equivalent level... Therefore all Detachments of the 165th SPC would have had the same code, 43814, buff over green over buff...

Thank you very much!

Colt ;)

As Johan has correctly stated, Unit Serial Numbers were assigned on a Company level, so all Detachemnts within the 165th would have received the same POM markings (correctly painted by Johan in the photograph above).

Thanks,

Ben.