Anyone Have Any Taped/Painted Helmets For Sale?

mwesson030

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am in the market for a decorated navy helmet and after losing a series of auctions on eBay im fed up and I've decided to try my luck here. Im looking for anything from the late 50s and 60s up until now with squadron markings.

Thanks,

Mwesson030

That's a pretty broad request. Are you looking for just a helmet, or maybe a grouping? Fighter jets or any aircraft? A price range would really help as well.

Are you looking for just a helmet, or maybe a grouping? Fighter jets or any aircraft? A price range would really help as well.

The main way I pick my helmets is by designs/squadron insignia. So, i'm open to both groupings and just helmets, but preferably jet aircraft helmets. My price range is the 200 - 800ish dollar range.

There is a great VF-41 helmet on ebay right now... a HGU-55. Looks like a good helmet, but for one like that from a fighter squadron... better be prepared to pony up a bit more than $800. Just my 2 cents. I watch them all the time and those Navy domes garner the highest prices. The best place is Estate sales or the online trading sites.... and one of the best personal attributes to have is patience the other is knowledge.

There is a great VF-41 helmet on ebay right now... a HGU-55. Looks like a good helmet, but for one like that from a fighter squadron... better be prepared to pony up a bit more than $800.

Saw that one listed, but it was taken down for some reason. Oh well, the search continues.

You know, I think it pretty entertaining that all of us know what flight helmets are for sale on eBay, and we might be bidding against each other.

I am 100% sure we bid against each other all the time. I know a forum member and I got in a bidding war not too long ago over a pair of 1960s USAF gray leather B-3A flight gloves. I was trying to win a very salty white APH-5 flight helmet on eBay last night and lost out... Perhaps it was to a forum member?!?

-Derek