Unknown "Provider" Patch - Possible 1st Special Operations Wing?

Nic

I picked up this patch and have been unable to ID it. It came with a few 1st SOW patches, along with a couple of 1960s USAF blue backed pilot wings. Anyone come across this one before? Thanks!

post-330-0-38562200-1510338143.jpg

It is true that the C-123 is called "Provider" - However, the presence of that word on a USAF patch, even from the 1960s, does not necessarily mean that the insignia had anything to do with aircraft.

What interests me as much about the patch is that it also shows the traditional Air Training Command symbols - torch, wings and star. Oddly, the star itself appears to be very primitively done - which means what I do not know, but it is an interesting detail.

All the symbols on this patch are intriguing, and almost certainly will make perfect sense when it gets ID'd.

I agree with Bluehawk and Patchcollector. The top of the patch looks like the Cambodian Flag and the wings of the Air Training Command at the bottom. Possibly this patch was made for USAF personnel who were part of MEDTEC in Cambodia in the early 1970's.