106th Transportation Battalion "Instructor Driver" Leather Pocket Hanger

mysteriousoozlefinch

mysteriousoozlefinch

I've had this for about a decade, got it for about .25 at the local surplus store. 106th Transportation Battalion was mostly based in France and West Germany post-war. I've never pulled off the DUI to see if it's marked and don't really intend to do so now. Always thought it was a neat item.

mCzb81x.jpg

Nice piece, my dad has a few of those pocket hangers from when he was a driving instructor and check driver with the 28th Trans Bn in Germany in the early 2000s. What I found interesting was that the unit crests on the pocket hangers from my dad were bigger than the regular unit crests he had to wear on his beret or on his ear plug case.

mysteriousoozlefinch

I suspect this was somering worn with fatigues.

Same. I tried it on one of my OG-107 fatigues once and it seemed to fit well around the button over the pocket, not that that means much.

mysteriousoozlefinch

Nice piece, my dad has a few of those pocket hangers from when he was a driving instructor and check driver with the 28th Trans Bn in Germany in the early 2000s. What I found interesting was that the unit crests on the pocket hangers from my dad were bigger than the regular unit crests he had to wear on his beret or on his ear plug case.

Interesting that they were still doing that with what'd I'd presume were BDUs. Seems like they'd hang easier from one button. Are they still leather?

And yeah, this one seems a little bigger then a standard DUI as well.

Interesting that they were still doing that with what'd I'd presume were BDUs. Seems like they'd hang easier from one button. Are they still leather?

And yeah, this one seems a little bigger then a standard DUI as well.

Yeah it was back in the BDU days, and if I remember correctly it was adorned from the button closest to the middle of the jacket but I'm drawing a blank on which pocket it was worn (I'm wanting to say right). And they were also made of leather.

mysteriousoozlefinch

Yeah it was back in the BDU days, and if I remember correctly it was adorned from the button closest to the middle of the jacket but I'm drawing a blank on which pocket it was worn (I'm wanting to say right). And they were also made of leather.

Interesting! Maybe it's younger then I think!