Interesting Camo Helmet on eBay

hink441

I read every single comment on every page of that thread a month ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Then what he has done should be enough to not quote that its still an original WW2 shell. Its now NOT original and it is now a ruined original helmet.

Yet another shell ruined by this fraudster.

Unfortunately, he's not the only one that mixes in the repros to an "original period items" category. Lots of people do it...and it's always irritating because it's a waste of my time.

Thanks for pointing this helmet out.

He's also created an Instagram account under the same name.

Yes he did, also I noticed that he blocked my militaria account on there, looks like he's trying to stay hidden from us.

-Steven

Question, how many remember the guy in Va. that painted up all the helmets for SPR? Where are they now?

Aging in a warehouse, gathering patina for future sales.

We should save the photos of his "works" so people don't get burned in the future when these come up for sale as original...

Just keep documenting his work like this and keep logging in the helmets.

Bugme should create a simple index listing that can have new helmets dded.

No need for comments just a picture list index.

1 thru ..............end number xxx

Pin it and add to it.

No need to bitch or thrash the guy.

Just make it concise and it will help others in 20 years time when we are no longer active.

Just keep documenting his work like this and keep logging in the helmets.

Bugme should create a simple index listing that can have new helmets dded.

No need for comments just a picture list index.

1 thru ..............end number xxx

Pin it and add to it.

No need to bitch or thrash the guy.

Just make it concise and it will help others in 20 years time when we are no longer active.

DONE... Now it is up to you guys to be responsible and populate it: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/300530-known-fake-helmets-and-their-creator/

The SPR helmet guy is no longer with us but his works reside in many many collection. He once said his helmets were so good no one could tell from originals. Not only did he do Ranger M-1s but many others. Very vain person, only ate pizza, one big factor in his demise. IIRC he sought out old lead based paint for his " works".

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Did anybody save the photos from his instagram and website? I cached both on internet archive but not all of the website saved and the instagram won't load at all.

I just dumped all the Facebook photos before he nuked his page, should be helpful in the future.

Pat

wonder how he knew he was being watched???

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Ive heard he still lurks on this forum as an unregistered guest....mike

wouldn't surprise me, even some sort of IP banning him would be easily counter-able. The only decently effective way to prevent a banned person from viewing the forum is to make you have to have an account to view anything.

wouldn't surprise me, even some sort of IP banning him would be easily counter-able. The only decently effective way to prevent a banned person from viewing the forum is to make you have to have an account to view anything.

Now thats a good idea ?

Are these new creations or inventory he has created in the past that he is trying to sell away in order to get out of the hobby for good? It seems he is still making profit off his work just a few dollars less-or should I say a few thousand dollars less.

Hunt