Interwar 36th ID khaki jacket

ww2guymandude

ww2guymandude

Just wanted to share a recent pickup with everyone.. what I believe to be an interwar period 36th ID/111th Engineer BN major’s jacket. Unfortunately at some point someone removed the officer’s ribbon bar and DUI’s on the shoulder loops

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a great find! What kind of attachments are there for the US and Engineer branch insignia? Also, is there a tailor's label or QM tag? Thanks for posting pictures of your find

ww2guymandude

The US pins are clutch back with the flat style clutches, and the Engineer corps insignia are pinback. There is a QM tag on the inside of the jacket, however all the writing on has been worn off.

-Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really nice, damn shame about the ribbons and the DIs, who knows (though not necessarily so), despite the lack of WWI Overseas chevrons, could of been a WWI rack, 3 ribbon mount? If it is for WWII, after the 111th Engineer Regiment was broken up in January 1942 (it's 1st Battalion became the 111th Engineer Battalion) then what you have is the coat that stands a very good chance of being worn by the battalion executive officer.

BILL THE PATCH

Are the buttons engr type ?, I thought early tunics that were engr had there on style buttons, a friend of mine had one a long time ago. Maybe patches will remember. Rob freunds had that uniform remember patches ( Kevin)

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Are the buttons engr type ?, I thought early tunics that were engr had there on style buttons, a friend of mine had one a long time ago. Maybe patches will remember. Rob freunds had that uniform remember patches ( Kevin)

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Don't remember that uniform Freunds had, but Yeah your right, no Corps of Engineer buttons on this one, didn't notice that, no explanation why as it was pretty standard if not standard with engineer officers, a regulation perhaps.

post-34986-0-18800100-1510111348.jpg