robinb

My war building

Eh .... do you sell to overseas customers? :lol:B):dry:;)

Amazing how much there is to see.

I hope that if I'm ever in your area, you want to show me around in there.

Erwin

704th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Eh,

Is this is a surplus store or a museum?

You really have a lot of nice items :)

I like the Paratrooper. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you initially attacked for seven days and nights without halting for rest, you met and defeated twice your own number. Your advance required the enemy to turn fresh divisions against you, and you in turn hacked them to pieces as you ruthlessly cut your way deep into the flank of the "bulge". Your feats of daring and endurance in the sub-freezing weather and snow-clad mountains and gorges of Luxembourg are legion; your contribution to the relief of Bastogne was immeasurable. It was particularly fitting that the elimination of the "bulge" should find the Yankee Division seizing and holding firmly on the same line held by our own forces prior to the breakthrough. I am proud of this feat by you as well as those you performed earlier. We shall advance on Berlin together." -- Major General Willard S. Paul, commanding general of the 26th Infantry "Yankee Division on February 1, 1945

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collector and "amateur" historian/researcher of the US 26th Infantry "Yankee" Division from 1939 - 1945. Always looking for ID'ed or non-ID'ed 26th Infantry Division items!

My personal website about the 26th Infantry Division:

My collection seems so utterly small right now. :rolleyes:

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I know how you're feeling! :w00t:

your war room sure is nice! I wish I had a war room that size, it almost looks like it's in a public building or retail store because of the size and the shelving, etc.

I was thinking the same thing! I have never seen so much military stuff in one place in my life! ...Kat

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

When you reach a point that you feel you have finally arrived, something as outstanding as your war building pops up, and destroys the myth. I have a few gaps in my collection. If I fill out the proper forms, would it be possible to requisition a few items? Truly fantastic! Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

I wanted to have the best collection around.

Um,not much danger of anyone beating you except for maybe the Smithsonian? :w00t: :thumbsup: Even that would be a close race! Very nice collection! I live in Portland so hopefully one day if you are offering tours I can attend.

I am looking for the following items to complete my Viet Nam helmet shells

- two helmet liners

(paratrooper or regular and would like WW2 to 1972)

-2 helmet covers

(OD or camo)

-2 chin strap assemblies

- 2 helmet bands or other interesting helmet accesories

Interested in collecting any 1901st Engineering Avaiation Battalion Items

Or items named to John H. Gallagher Jr.

Um,not much danger of anyone beating you except for maybe the Smithsonian? :w00t: :thumbsup: Even that would be a close race! Very nice collection! I live in Portland so hopefully one day if you are offering tours I can attend.

I noticed you have some mortars and also had the browning machine gun on the pack horse. How does one go about getting a mortar or browning?

I am looking for the following items to complete my Viet Nam helmet shells

- two helmet liners

(paratrooper or regular and would like WW2 to 1972)

-2 helmet covers

(OD or camo)

-2 chin strap assemblies

- 2 helmet bands or other interesting helmet accesories

Interested in collecting any 1901st Engineering Avaiation Battalion Items

Or items named to John H. Gallagher Jr.

HOLY ARMY SURPLUS BATMAN!!!!!

I was so happy when I bought my new house and had all the new room, now I just kinda feel queezy after seeing this.

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

:jeal0001: A little late on viewing the updates..Thanks for sharing. BTW,Will dust and upkeep for room and board :lol2:

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."

donation2009.gif

Hi Robin, no new pictures of the work in process?

I can't wait to see some pictures of your mountain stuff.

Climb to Glory, Laurent M.

Not much has changed in the last month or so. I'm focusing on finishing my Willys USMC radio Jeep restoration right now.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here is my 1944 Willys MZ-2 USMC radio jeep project. I'm into my 4th year of work now, but it's coming together well. It's a total tear down and rebuild everything from the ground up.

The MZ-2 was a small run of maybe 3000 Jeeps ordered by the US Navy. They were equiped with the Navy TCS radio set. They saw action on most if not all of the island campaigns until the end of WW2.

MVC_002S.JPG

MVC_003S.JPG

donation2017.gif

All I can say ys wow and I am curious if with all that stuff if you remember the first item you owned?

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

It was a junky helmet liner and a canteen. That was in 1971.

donation2017.gif

cool, you have your own restoration shop too!! I love seeing before, during, and of course after pictures of restoration projects. Good luck with it, and the building, and the collection!!

"Earn this" -Saving Private Ryan

Here is my 1944 Willys MZ-2 USMC radio jeep project.

Coming along great, Robin... Is it from the same production batch as Mark Tombleson's??

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Mark's Jeep is an MZ-1 and mine's an MZ-2. They are basically the same Jeep. Mark has been great help with my restoration.

donation2017.gif

Pack saddle with 81mm mortar ammo tubes.

post-61-1240461936.jpg

Robin

Excellent collection - hadnt realised you had quite that much gear... new about the Pack Howitzer, but not all the rest.

A question about the photo (my idea of the ideal horse, no food, no mess, no vets bills - does it have wheels underneath?)

81mm tubes and not 75mm Pack How ?

I ask because I'd be led to believe (no doubt incorrectly) that the 81mm tubes were half the length of the 75mm Pack ones... 1 tube per bomb.. and this is why there's the double ended cloverleaf fitting (ie a bit like 2 cloverleaf fittings welded back to back) which was designed to go in the middle.

So if stood up on end, the make-up would be, bottom cloverleaf, 3 bombs in tubes, double cloverleaf, 3 bombs in tubes, top cloverleaf... this also explaining why some of the metal rods have wing-nut fasteners at both ends and some, only at one end.

Perhaps there were different length tubes depending on the manufacturer.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, those tubes on my pack saddle are mostly just empty cardboard tubes. I have not found any 75mm Pack howitzer tubes yet.

donation2017.gif

Tim, those tubes on my pack saddle are mostly just empty cardboard tubes. I have not found any 75mm Pack howitzer tubes yet.

Somewhat elusive them tubes... Often see the 75mm Gun ones for the Sherman... but only ever found 1 for the 75mm How.

However, I did find 2 of the 57mm gun tubes - these are the same dimensions, so along with the 75mm How tube, a nice mint example of the cloverleaf fitting and the metal data plate giving weight and space info I now have a good display example... the rest alas are all carpet roll tubes... but then at least it doesnt matter so much if they get wet. Happy to swap the 57mm gun tubes for 75mm How ones, but currently no plans to part with them otherwise.

I have recently acquired about 30 dug cloverleaf plates which should clean up into useable items for my display... so have now decided to get a load of the metal data plates repro'd to complete things.

Found a photo of the double-ended cloverleaf fitting I tried to describe, along with one showing the data plate.

Tim

post-8801-1260024102.jpg

post-8801-1260024213.jpg