Looking for parts to complete a HGU-7/P helmet

MattS

I picked one up and am in need of the round, grey microphone (and screw) and a snap-on visor. I have an e-mail in to Bell's Aviation too. Thanks!

I should have what you need.Give me some time to dig it out.If you find it elsewhere let me know.

Bob

Matt,I have it in hand.Send me a PM and we will get it to you.

Bob

Hi !

I have an empty shell so I have the snap on visor.

I think i can help you too regarding boom mike

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great Matt! Did you repaint the shell white? Nice job.

I do love how folks help one another here. Bob is one of the good ones for sure!

-Derek

Looks good. Is that mic on in the correct direction? Should say Front and Back stamped on it. Looks funny to me for some reason. My HGU-7 had a older looking version of the round mic that had rounded edges to it. Was dead when i checked it out so I put a grey M-87 mic on it like sometime later seen. I had intentions of getting it back up and running to use in GA aircraft but never finished that plan seeing those D shaped ear seals are not possible to find still with the foam intact.

Bob provided the shell, it was in better shape than the one I had originally. Very helpful guy!

The front of the mike says 'front', I'm not sure it's on 100% correctly though. I know what you mean about the ear cups, they are unavailable.

That part that says front should be facing the lips, since that is originally a O2 mask designed mic. The set screws should be face side as well. Thats how the M-87 mic is as well, set screws in, thumbscrew out.

That part that says front should be facing the lips, since that is originally a O2 mask designed mic. The set screws should be face side as well. Thats how the M-87 mic is as well, set screws in, thumbscrew out.

I think I've got it, basically I installed the mike upside-down. I flipped it over

This is wrong because the screws are on the bottom.

post-32676-0-90459800-1510408298_thumb.jpg

This is correct?

post-32676-0-85306500-1510408901.jpg

Thanks for showing that version! All my ALSE experience was with SPH-4 and IHADSS helmets in the early 90s so I did some guessing on this one. Thanks for setting me straight.

• 2 years later...

Nice find, especially with intact earcups!

Thanks, as I said it was never issued. Having the bayonet receivers was an added bonus!

Yeah they snap on. Would like to see some actual in use pics of them using bayonets with these helmets.

Actually, they screw on.

83434251_2904736442880695_62855945292821

82424029_2904736496214023_75097535855261

Just to note, those are not my bayonets; but I do know someone who is selling them for $50 a pair.