New Knife...Its not all on ebay

doyler

Couple views of the scabbard.this is the original type scabbard made by EK

I'm thinking the knife and scabbard has laid some place where it was wet or damp due to the condition of the leather and rust on the metal.

post-342-0-32346500-1509322746_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-18346400-1509322763_thumb.jpg

Here it is after a bit of cleaning.

Appears there was a name on the back of he vet but the rust pretty much obscured it.

post-342-0-38696100-1509419940_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-66140100-1509419955_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-32339500-1509419972_thumb.jpg

That is awesome! I love the thrill of the hunt and the excitement of a find like that-

But you have to look though a lot of glassware and doilies to find the good stuff!

That is awesome! I love the thrill of the hunt and the excitement of a find like that-

But you have to look though a lot of glassware and doilies to find the good stuff!

Thats funny... I have visited local antique dealers for years and found an occasional piece of Militaria but most of the time its overpriced. But its finds like this that have me going back again and again and again. Getting to know and starting to talk to the dollies lately ?

Thats funny... I have visited local antique dealers for years and found an occasional piece of Militaria but most of the time its overpriced. But its finds like this that have me going back again and again and again. Getting to know and starting to talk to the dollies lately ?

Nothing wrong with talking to them, but if you start hearing answers you better stop going there :rolleyes:

A wonderful find Ron! The more remote the antique store / flea market, the greater the chance of finding something unique! It also proves that not every vendor can be an expert on everything or have the time to research everything, especially an old rusty knife!!!

Kim

I have had great luck in pulling collectables out of western Illinois and eastern Iowa. I visit periodically to chack on the family farm. My son and I use the farm as home base and visit all the haunts in a 75 mile radius. I picked up a WW2 vintage original M1 helmet rig in august for cheap. Also a running old '66 ford pickup ( a farmers truck) for a third of what they go for in Ohio. We have fun and one never knows what will be found

I have had great luck in pulling collectables out of western Illinois and eastern Iowa. I visit periodically to chack on the family farm. My son and I use the farm as home base and visit all the haunts in a 75 mile radius. I picked up a WW2 vintage original M1 helmet rig in august for cheap. Also a running old '66 ford pickup ( a farmers truck) for a third of what they go for in Ohio. We have fun and one never knows what will be found

So that's were my truck went.... :lol:

With the smart device world we live in many places can't be considered remote based just on geography any more. Bargains are where you find them.

• 1 month later...