New addition- M17 Rifle Grenade

Tentitans112887

Tentitans112887

I have been on the hunt for an M17 for a few years now. I was finally able to pick one up due to a lead from another member (Thanks, Matt).post-159555-0-27556100-1509075242_thumb.jpegpost-159555-0-82505800-1509075254_thumb.jpeg

Tentitans112887

Ditto that! That's a nice one for sure! Congratulations! :)

Thanks for the kind words. I couldnt believe how long it took to find one. It definitely moved up to number one spot in the grenade/rifle grenade collection.

That is a nice complete one. Normally missing the booster cap but I see yours. I expect the rest of the internals are included... How long is your adapter? Just the fat part Thank you for sharing.

Tentitans112887

That is a nice complete one. Normally missing the booster cap but I see yours. I expect the rest of the internals are included... How long is your adapter? Just the fat part Thank you for sharing.

Id say like an inch or inch and a half for the length of the short adapter. Id have to look again for the other parts, but I think the cap is the only internal part.

Thank you for the information. If you unscrew the cap you should see the detonator cap or if not there the spring holding the firing pin. If the det cap is still in you will need needle nose pliers to remove it.

Tentitans112887

Thank you for the information. If you unscrew the cap you should see the detonator cap or if not there the spring holding the firing pin. If the det cap is still in you will need needle nose pliers to remove it.

I had a few minutes and looked under the cap... nothing else inside.

Here is what you are looking for... the first thing you will see is brass det cap with two holes... needle nose. under that is the spring then the pin. Your safety prevents the pin from moving as it goes thru the slot. The spring is rather weak so it doesn't take much force to move the firing pin forward when it hits an object...

post-2641-0-32994500-1509136695_thumb.jpg

Tentitans112887

Here is what you are looking for... the first thing you will see is brass det cap with two holes... needle nose. under that is the spring then the pin. Your safety prevents the pin from moving as it goes thru the slot. The spring is rather weak so it doesn't take much force to move the firing pin forward when it hits an object...

Got it. Thanks. I knew what they looked like but I didnt know where they were located. I will check in a bit.

Tentitans112887

Got it. Thanks. I knew what they looked like but I didnt know where they were located. I will check in a bit.

Everything is there. Yay! Thanks for the help on finding them.