41 date BAR BELT fake?

Costa

that's the link guy. shame questions have to be asked about this stuff. going back there was no problem with gi ww2-- only german was suspect but now-------------

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

that's the link guy. shame questions have to be asked about this stuff. going back there was no problem with gi ww2-- only german was suspect but now-------------

Yeah it's too bad, thanks to airsofters even modern gear has fakes. Makes everything less fun.

armysoldierant1944

Hi Costa. No worries. We all should be careful out there. I saw the listing on eBay. Looks okay to me. Like Doyler said, it has the earlier BOYT fonts. Hope this helps.Richard

One thing I look for is material weave.To me no one can get it right today.It has a fuzzy look and is soft to the touch and doesn't have the stiffness as originals do...even worn originals.

NOT uncommon to see mint Boyt belts The 1941 are not as common as the 1942 dates but they are out there.

Rumor here has it there are 8 or more crates that were saved by a person from a Boyt factory.A friend works with the grandson of the ow Dr of the crates.Be fun to see them or open them up.

It's a real one @ Costa. Get it if you can!

Here's the one in my collection that came from the MTO. Personally I prefer the US marking used by other makers like on the Clarks belts but it still is a very rare and desirable belt.

This one's dated 1942 like most BAR mag belts. I have yet to come across BAR belts with later dates. I wonder why most are dated 42 or 41, but I guess 2 years of production was enough to supply all of the BAR gunners with belts? Seems plausible but then again at some point they would have needed new gear right? Boyt seems to be the more common maker.

Speaking about mint!

barbelt2b.jpg

It's a real one @ Costa. Get it if you can!

Here's the one in my collection that came from the MTO. Personally I prefer the US marking used by other makers like on the Clarks belts but it still is a very rare and desirable belt.

This one's dated 1942 like most BAR mag belts. I have yet to come across BAR belts with later dates. I wonder why most are dated 42 or 41, but I guess 2 years of production was enough to supply all of the BAR gunners with belts? Seems plausible but then again at some point they would have needed new gear right? Boyt seems to be the more common maker.

Speaking about mint!

barbelt2b.jpg

They made more during the Korean war, i just bough one off of eBay, but I am guessing you are most likely correct about the reason they aren't really dated later, there weren't as many BAR gunners as there were regular infantry carrying the m1 garand.

Hunt

Cool, thanks for pointing that out... You are definitely right about there being less BAR belts as opposed to the garand magazine belts. It seems the garand belts can indeed be found with a broader variety of dates on them, implying they were needed more as the war continued.

The BAR belts seem to be getting pretty expensive and prove pretty hard to find nowadays. If you're lucky you can still find them at a reasonable price, but some dealers will go as high as 200 depending on the condition. Anything below 100 is worth it should you ask me.

Good luck should you go for it.

Rgds

Ken