141st Infantry Regiment, 36th ID Uniform and related collection

THAT GUY

Not necessarily a single uniform item so hope this is okay here. The only non family related unit I collect is the 141st Infantry Regiment, as I currently serve with it (family related anyway I suppose). I am on the lookout for anything related to it; 1st and 2nd Texas Infantry included. I decided to take a picture of all the items I have collected since I started back in 2015. Enjoy!

post-8911-0-57558500-1508906868_thumb.jpg

Glidertrooper

Splendid group and the Ike is gorgeous! Nice to see a couple of the sweetheart pins in the collection too, as I'm rather partial to those myself.

Thanks! My girlfriend was hounding me for some sweetheart pieces to wear with something 36th so I actually found the one with the 'V' for her. The other with the T patch I wear with my suit sometimes.

Thank you THAT GUY for the answer to my question. My copy of the 36th NG book is a 1940 copy as well. Mine came from the estate of 1st Lt. Edmund L. Bringhurst who was a WWI veteran and then served with the Service Company of the 143rd, 36th NG. One of these days I'll post his stuff.

Once again let me compliment you on a very fine 141st collection that you have managed to acquire in the short span of the the past two years.

I would also like to thank you for your service!

I am assuming you have been to Camp Mabry in Austin? If not that is 36th Nirvana!

All the best,

Mike

Mechinf, I would love to see that grouping sometime! I especially love interwar Guard items. As far as I know the 1940 is the only yearbook. It seems the pictures are all datrd 1938, 1939 inside though. Also yes I have been to the museum but before I had interest in my own unit. I will have to go back!

THAT GUY,

I had some KIWI friends from New Zealand come for their 1st trip to Texas this past May and I drove them to Camp Mabry. The trip was kind of rush, rush as they also wanted to see the Battleship Texas during their stay. The folks at Mabry have done a super job of updating the museum and the displays. I am planning another trip next month armed with my camera this next time!

All the best,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have Brigadier General Robert I. Stack uniform trunks group. He became deputy commander of the 36th Infantry Division at Cassino.