WWII Swagger Stick Concealed Spike - Anyone ever see one before?

gauthieb3sxz

I have one with a matching swagger stick. Both have the Captains rank and name on them in gold letters. Mine is more of a sword. I also have a few medals his selective service medal and his pistol and rifle qualification medals.

I picked them up for 185.00.

I have one with a matching swagger stick. Both have the Captains rank and name on them in gold letters. Mine is more of a sword. I also have a few medals his selective service medal and his pistol and rifle qualification medals.

I picked them up for 185.00.

I picked this up in a lot of 5 swaggers.

$10.85 per swagger. So this one cost me 10.85.

Remarkable huh ! I lucked out. Ithink the blade is an old Bayonet. Maybe French ?

Its a sturdy piece. The sheath is beat... but the implement is solid.

Last ditch offensive weapon for a Major General..

post-181333-0-67272700-1565983544_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-85872100-1565983562_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have a swagger stick dagger that belonged to my father, a B-24 pilot in WWII. It has a crude 12" spike and and a 6" handle. the whole thing is in wrapped leather, kind of neat. Tried to upload a picture but it won't let me.

• 2 weeks later...

This "crop" was carried by a WW2 Sgt. who was an Aerial Photographer. He was in North Africa early and that is where I think he got it. The blade is a Label bayonet. His initials were J.S. so he took a U.S. collar device and shortened a leg. I have several different photos of him and most of the photos show him carrying the crop, so I would say he had it with him most of the time. I had it a couple of years before I discovered that it came apart to reveal the weapon. Thanks for looking. keith

js_crop_sword_1.jpg

js_crop_sword_3.jpg

Hi Keith,

That's a really nice riding crop/bayonet. Love how he utilized the U.S. to make his initials. That's a beaut! -- Matt

Hi Keith,

That's a really nice riding crop/bayonet. Love how he utilized the U.S. to make his initials. That's a beaut! -- Matt

Thanks Matt. Yes, neat stuff. Have a great 2020!