WWII Swagger Stick Concealed Spike - Anyone ever see one before?

I have one with a matching swagger stick. Both have the Captains rank and name on them in gold letters. Mine is more of a sword. I also have a few medals his selective service medal and his pistol and rifle qualification medals.

I picked them up for 185.00.

I picked this up in a lot of 5 swaggers.

$10.85 per swagger. So this one cost me 10.85.

Remarkable huh ! I lucked out. Ithink the blade is an old Bayonet. Maybe French ?

Its a sturdy piece. The sheath is beat... but the implement is solid.

Last ditch offensive weapon for a Major General..

post-181333-0-67272700-1565983544_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-85872100-1565983562_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This "crop" was carried by a WW2 Sgt. who was an Aerial Photographer. He was in North Africa early and that is where I think he got it. The blade is a Label bayonet. His initials were J.S. so he took a U.S. collar device and shortened a leg. I have several different photos of him and most of the photos show him carrying the crop, so I would say he had it with him most of the time. I had it a couple of years before I discovered that it came apart to reveal the weapon. Thanks for looking. keith

js_crop_sword_1.jpg

js_crop_sword_3.jpg

Check out my website of Military Relics and Collectibles: http://www.ourboysof98.com
I try to update it by adding several new items each month, so keep checking back.

Thanks,
keith

donation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi Keith,

That's a really nice riding crop/bayonet. Love how he utilized the U.S. to make his initials. That's a beaut! -- Matt

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Hi Keith,

That's a really nice riding crop/bayonet. Love how he utilized the U.S. to make his initials. That's a beaut! -- Matt

Thanks Matt. Yes, neat stuff. Have a great 2020!

Check out my website of Military Relics and Collectibles: http://www.ourboysof98.com
I try to update it by adding several new items each month, so keep checking back.

Thanks,
keith

donation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks Matt. Yes, neat stuff. Have a great 2020!

Thanks Keith. You have a wonderful 2020 too.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.