1:35 Scale WWII Army Mobile Field Kitchen truck

Old Marine

More nice progress photos Dennis. Thanks for sharing

Have yet to locate my late war Mess Truck photos.

Here is another interesting link with some nice additional photos.

http://www.seabeecook.com/equipment/field/kitchen_truck44.htm#mod

And a few shots of an earlier version of a mess truck from 1st Armored Regiment, 1941, Camp Polk.

post-169074-0-47841600-1509303336_thumb.jpg

post-169074-0-24271100-1509303368_thumb.jpg

I love the out of the ordinary vehicles and this is going to look wonderful. You are doing a great job.

I found this in a TM and maybe it is of some help.

post-169612-0-43958600-1509393544_thumb.jpg

Rene

Dennis,

I don't know how I missed your post! Your work is amazing! I just love your ideas and watching your progress. Your skills are unbelievable!

....Kat

Dog, thank you for posting the TM. I was able to read the section about mounting the seats on the outside of the cargo bed to act as a serving shelf.

Here are a few photos of the cook figures. Using the Miniart Driver figures set as cooks worked out much better than I thought.

post-2843-0-70559600-1509657524_thumb.jpg

I saw the figure with the jerry can in the Drivers set and I knew I could substitute a water can for the gas can and position him filling a cooking pot. As it turned out the 3 of the other figures worked perfectly in the kitchen. I had to swap some arms around but I think they work.

When I decided to do a kitchen I knew I had to include some poor GI peeling potatoes.

more later, thanks for all the photos and information.

post-2843-0-45220200-1509657859.jpg

Dennis,

This is REALLY looking nice! I love to watch your progress. You seem to be moving very quickly. Do you work on your models a little every day?

...Kat

Hey Dennis;

This is really coming along nicely. You do excellent work. BTW if you intend to show water pouring out of the jerrycan into the pot you can use gel medium. It starts out white but dries clear. Just a suggestion.

Can't wait to see the painting coloring of everything.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hey Dennis, this is coming along nicely. I like the civilian personnel touch. BTW has anybody figured out what the mystery meat was?

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hey Dennis, this is coming along nicely. I like the civilian personnel touch. BTW has anybody figured out what the mystery meat was?

Semper Fi.

Manny

I don't know what the mystery meat is, but I did notice a couple of those soldiers seem to be missing arms...???

Mikie

I don't know what the mystery meat is, but I did notice a couple of those soldiers seem to be missing arms...???

Mikie

It looks like Dennis is kitbashing his figures.

Semper Fi.

Manny