Global War on Terrorism Memorial at the Army's Infantry Museum

Garandomatic

Pretty proud of this. My family's foundry made the nine 7' scale figures over the last year. The amount of work was utterly unbelievable. I sculpted some of the elements of the figures (boots, the M249, most of the M4/MWS), did some of the wax and metal work, as well as the final patina on each in the two weeks leading up to the delivery. Very humbling when I saw a few news clips with the Gold Star Families. Anyways, I think these are the most accurate military statues I have ever seen, and credit the Museum with ensuring that it was done correctly. I can hold my own with WWI through Vietnam, but modern is a bit out of my area, and subject to such rapid changes. Hope you guys enjoy.

http://nationalinfantrymuseum.org/gwot-dedication/

If anyone is interested, I will post other pictures later.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and passed by the site on the way out to the parade field. One of the museum volunteers was out there and he told us about it. The steel girder that is incorporated into the memorial is from the World Trade Center.

The education is a main point of it, I hope as well. I think the average American has become pretty detached to what has been an ongoing war for so long. At least their names are there, and these figures paint a pretty spectacular portrait when assembled. I really hope they serve as a snapshot in time to stand for those that were there.