EXTERMINATE THESE 3 RAT'S -- BUTTON

firefighter

There were repros made during the 70s of these as well.Not sure why but I saw them on a list my dad use to get that would whole sale things to fleamarket vendors.The seller offered all types of pins even the advertising clips to attach to pencils for Morton Salt,Oil Companies etc.

Classic home front item and I recently found a JAPanese Hunting License from the WW2 era.

There were repros made during the 70s of these as well.Not sure why but I saw them on a list my dad use to get that would whole sale things to fleamarket vendors.The seller offered all types of pins even the advertising clips to attach to pencils for Morton Salt,Oil Companies etc.

Classic home front item and I recently found a JAPanese Hunting License from the WW2 era.

How can you tell the repros from the originals?

trenchrat1918

How can you tell the repros from the originals?

These have been heavily reproduced, there are several sites that sell these for $2.00 each. I always assume that the button is a reproduction. As far as telling the difference between real and a repop i am not aware of any definitive way to tell. All of the pins that I have had that I thought were real just felt old if that makes any sense. Sorry I can't say look for this versus that as the originals didn't have back papers. I think yours has potential to be real but keep in mind that even some of the repros are 40+ years old now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

These have been heavily reproduced, there are several sites that sell these for $2.00 each. I always assume that the button is a reproduction. As far as telling the difference between real and a repop i am not aware of any definitive way to tell. All of the pins that I have had that I thought were real just felt old if that makes any sense. Sorry I can't say look for this versus that as the originals didn't have back papers. I think yours has potential to be real but keep in mind that even some of the repros are 40+ years old now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Trencrat thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Collector5516

Firefighter - I believe yours is a reproduction. The originals feature a crisper image. Here is one in my collection that I am almost positive is original.

post-11143-0-09968300-1510321681_thumb.jpg

post-11143-0-57608700-1510321754_thumb.jpg

Firefighter - I believe yours is a reproduction. The originals feature a crisper image. Here is one in my collection that I am almost positive is original.

What does the back of yours look like? Thank you for sharing.

Collector5516

You're welcome! I went to take a photo of the back and found that I actually have two original examples. See the photos below.

post-11143-0-35958100-1510798194_thumb.jpg

post-11143-0-33526400-1510798207_thumb.jpg