CIB flea market find with attached campaign stars

Tonomachi

I saw this at the flea market last weekend being sold by a dealer in junk jewelry and belt buckles. What caught my eye were the two campaign stars in the middle just below the musket. It looks like these two stars have been on this sterling marked CIB for a while which has the shorter clutch back pins so possibly WW2. The rear of each hole is curdely beveled. There are remnants of blue around the muzzle, hammer and trigger guard. Has anyone come across campaign stars attached to a CIB before?

post-1389-0-32567500-1508376109_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-29293000-1508376118_thumb.jpg

Very neat! I have a CIB with campaign stars and an arrowhead attached. So now yours is only the second I have ever seen.

Great to know so does your CIB have the blue background worn away or removed?

Yours is a WW2-Korea era gov't issue sterling badge. Looks like the rifle and wreath are pretty worn. I would guess that the vet wore this after the war quite a bit.

In uniform, his campaign stars would have been on his ribbons, so I would guess that yours was worn with civilian clothes / VFW / etc...

Good eye, I would've picked it up in a heartbeat.

Both pictured examples are great! I've also not seen stars on CIB in person before. I have seen other added items, usually small divisional pins, mounted to badges.

Normally attached in the middle of the badge, covering the gap below the rifle bar and wreath. I'll see if I can dig out some of my examples and post.

Mine still has the blue background, and has been converted into a bracelet.

Thanks for adding the photo of your CIB converted into a bracelet and I too felt that the CIB I stumbled across was something a vet modified and wore after getting out of the service.