Possible US Army Advisor Uniforms From OEF

VMI88

I picked up several uniforms recently that came from the same source as the desert tiger stripe boonie hat I posted last week (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/298942-desert-tiger-stripe-boonie-modified/). Unfortunately the seller didn't know any details about the person he got them from except that he was military and he THINKS he remembers him being Special Forces. Given that these are foreign camouflage it's likely that he was either SF or an advisor of some type. Foreign camo isn't my area but if I had to guess I'd say they came from Afghanistan or one of the Central Asian states. I'd appreciate any information from the modern gear collectors on the forum.

The first item is a tailor-made combat shirt. The base shirt is Chinese with a Multicam-type camo added.

post-265-0-05710100-1508280206_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-99074700-1508280220_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-68993200-1508280244_thumb.jpg

The final garment is a copy of a Crye Precision shirt, also in Multicam. This one has a label that interestingly refers to it as "Trousers, Army Combat Uniform"! There isn't a country of origin, but there are the remains of a gauze label in the neck. This shirt is also marked with the same initials as the previously mentioned boonie, linking them to the same soldier.

post-265-0-70321600-1508280858_thumb.jpgpost-265-0-58815400-1508280905_thumb.jpgpost-265-0-33625800-1508280922.jpgpost-265-0-46333900-1508280949_thumb.jpg

Anyway, hope you find these as interesting as I did! Any information from the collectors of this sort of gear would be much appreciated.

MilRGRHistory

The Crye style looks like CANSOF, it looks similar to stuff I've seen them wearing. The tag makes me think otherwise however, the Canadian stuff is always well marked based on their controlled distribution of military uniforms.

The second one looks like an Afghan copy of a multicam top. Very interesting items by the way!

I would agree with you on this. The color of the velcro on the combat shirt and the 2nd Multicam top look to be one of the colors found on Afghan uniforms.

As to the third Multicam jacket, you found those yellow tags on Chinese made uniforms. As you know, China exports equipment and uniforms to any country willing to pay. Uniforms with the yellow tags have been found in Iraq. Not saying your jacket is from Iraq. My bet is all three jackets came from Afghanistan. Just my two cents worth.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I would agree with you on this. The color of the velcro on the combat shirt and the 2nd Multicam top look to be one of the colors found on Afghan uniforms.

I agree, its the same blueish velcro seen on ANA uniforms:

post-153751-0-51040800-1508344599.jpg