The 1976 Bicentennial Berlin Brigade Drill Team M14 Rifles

patches

A cool photo on the cover of ARMY magazine of February 1977 shows the Berlin Brigade Drill Team and their Spirit of 76 M14 Rifles done 1976 for the bicentennial, painted I suppose, as there are subtle differences in the appearance of the stars and stripes on each weapon, note too how the slings are even given the same treatment. I got this magazine, and there are more photos showing these guys, but they are not worthy of scanning unfortunately, as they are real small photos, and in B/W.

post-34986-0-35849100-1508117631_thumb.jpg

There were some really cool things done to celebrate the Bicentennial.

And then there were things like this where we look back and go "What were we thinking?"

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember rubbing Kiwi boot polish on the tires of Humvees and M113s/M125A2 81mm Mortar Carriers/M106A2 4.2in Mortar Carriers, and wiping the bodies with baby oil to make them shine for Parade Season (Allied Forces Day June 17th downtown on 17. Juni Strasse from Brandenburg Gate past the Siegesaule, then 4th of July Parade on the 4 Ring next to McNair Barracks).  I was there Feb 89 to Dec 90, cased Colours at 4th Bn, then returned Oct 92 until June 94 when we cased Colours at 6th Bn after our UNPROFOR deployment.