1950'-60's Military Pulp Art from Men's Magazines

338thRCT

These are some covers of men's pulp magazine from the 1950's and 60's. The artists were very talented and most were classically trained. The artwork didn't always live up to accuracy as far as uniforms , weapons, etc, but were more than filled with scantily clad women as either being threatened by the enemy or as the enemy themselves. There were some very good historical anecdotes though, despite the corny titles and art. Enjoy !post-70300-0-57512800-1508089773_thumb.jpgpost-70300-0-68063000-1508089784_thumb.jpg

Yuck... these are horrible!

Although, I think I was told once that every now and then there would be a true story mixed in with the trash. The reason being that by the mid-1950's, few outlets were interested in publishing one off "there I was" stories about individual soldiers and sailors. The one that has a ring of truth in this set is "Saigon: The Fighting Man's Sin Center".

With that said, I am trying to remember when I last read of Japanese island garrison consisting of only women. As it is, the women in the illustration do not really look very Japanese, but Western women with darkened features.

Some good stuff, got some far out titles for the stories therein :lol:

Like this gem we see :lol:.

I WAS A PRISONER OF THE NYMPHO CAPTAIN OF STALAG 9

I remember those magazines from the barber shop where my Dad and I got our hair cut.

Wowza!!

same here! pretty hot stuff for me as a wee lad :rolleyes:

still wondering whatever happened to "Goon Boy and his tank"

Terry

I as given a fairly tame issue of one of these along with the uniform, letters, dog tags, and M43 boot tops of a local 34th Div. man. As I recall, there was minimal, if any of the lurid stuff in it, but it did have an account of some of the 34th's fighting in Italy.