M4 Sherman cutaway turret, interior pics

john k

very cool! where was this at?

Thanks for sharing the pics

This is on display at the Collings Foundation in Stow Ma., so I assume it came out of the Littlefield collection.

Was this Littlefields? I know he had one in his museum

I'm pretty sure it was from Littlefield's collection. Collings Foundation acquired the Littlefield Collection, auctioned off some of it and used the proceeds to keep the rest and begin building a tank museum in Stow Ma.

At this time they have broken ground on the new tank Museum buidling, and the cutaway turret is residing in the existing Airplane Hanger at the same location.

That is pretty cool...do they let you climb in the turret?....mije

Lots of "Do NOT TOUCH" signs on the turret, so that would be a "no".

Have you been to Collings since they started bringing the Littlefield vehicles in? Pretty cool stuff showing up.

I look at these photo's and look at my less than trim figure and am pretty sure that once I got into one of those, I'd of never gotten back out. :blink:

I've seen others almost exactly like this one. I'll assume they were produced for training. I know the one we had in a local surplus store was used for that purpose by the Canadian military. I used to love climbing in it and playing with the traverse and elevation wheels tracking passing vehicles on the road.