Need help identifying WW1 USMC Woman's ribbon

France1918

Hello-

I am researching proper colors for a project that involves the photo of a female Marine taken in New York in 1919 (please see attached). On her left breast is a single ribbon bar that I am unable to identify. I am hoping someone can recognize the ribbon and can point me to a color illustration or photo of one so that the colors can be accurately reproduced. Thanks for your time and help, Brucepost-9636-0-36619100-1507989620.jpgpost-9636-0-20035400-1507989632_thumb.jpg

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the quick response. The subject in the photo is identified and she served from October 1918 to February 1919 so I agree that the ribbon would be related to an award that was generic and widely distributed. I took your photo and converted it to black & white and re-scaled it so that I could compare the two directly above/below each other. The one in the postcard photo has a distinctive pattern of 5 lighter (yellow or white?) vertical stripes with two sets close together and one by itself off to the right. Unfortunately, I am unable to mirror that pattern in the sample ribbons. The records indicate she was from Brooklyn. If it is some obscure town ribbon, I may have to approximate color and I'll be using the inter-Allied ribbon as the model. Thanks, Bruce