looks like this one slipped through the ebay censors

Bearmon

Yes, and now that you have posted it on a public forum, perhaps they will spot it after all! LOL!

Bidding ended earlier tonight Doubt my posting this has any impact...

I don't know what y'all were after but I wanted that WWII victory ribbon up at the top. A extremely rare and valuable item!

vintageproductions

Not sure if federal agents will track the ribbon down or not.

Don't think for a second that they don't come on here and check every once in awhile.

We have a member who can vouch for them coming on here and checking and then had a lengthy legal battle, and then had to destroy his items.

Don't think for a second that they don't come on here and check every once in awhile.

We have a member who can vouch for them coming on here and checking and then had a lengthy legal battle, and then had to destroy his items.

Yes vintage productions, the photos of the medal crushing machine were bone chilling and sad!!

Surely none of the 500 or so views on EBay would have seen this correct? The majority of the Bidders had over a thousand feedbacks so I am sure everyone of them knew what they were bidding on.

Unless the feds are reading every post on USMF I don't think it is a big issue. But if its that bad, delete the post.

Ribbing the guy for posting a picture of the auction, from the most widely used auction site in the world, is kind of silly. Just my humble opinion.

There were a handful of other interesting items mixed in.

I see two 1950's era Ground Observer Corps wings, and a 7th ID Order of the Bayonette. And goodness knows what that felt patch with the hand embroidered wing was supposed to represent.

I'd say for $68 someone got their money's worth, plus hours of sorting it out.

All I saw was the one photo showing some ribbons, pins, and buttons?

McDermut99, I have a few WW2 Victory ribbons bought as part of a lot, I think there were two or three in there so can't see them being all that rare? I would however entertain any reasonable offers. ;-)

And forgive my ignorance, but what exactly would the eBay censors have been concerned about?

And forgive my ignorance, but what exactly would the eBay censors have been concerned about?

Click on the link to the eBay listing... there were additional photos.

What the eBay censors failed to pick up on was a Medal of Honor ribbon. Based on their interpretation of federal regulations, they do not allow the sale of Medal of Honor medals or components on their US website. However we do see others pop up on their English or German sites.

Ahh, Thank you for shedding light on that. To my untrained eye there was nothing amiss. I wasn't sure it was even a MOH as there are similar citation ribbons post war.

destroy his items?? I think not,,,

All I saw was the one photo showing some ribbons, pins, and buttons?

McDermut99, I have a few WW2 Victory ribbons bought as part of a lot, I think there were two or three in there so can't see them being all that rare? I would however entertain any reasonable offers. ;-)

I was just adding a little humor to the discussion, they aren't terribly valuable. The ribbon below it however is a different story.