Laura Loucks 1st Lt Nurse Uniform Aliied A/B Patch & OISE patch

otter42

Picked this up in a trade with another collector, wanted any opinions on this one. The skirt has her name in it, but nothing else shows any sign of her name or S/N. I did find a Laura Loucks s/s N788651 stationed at the 21st General Hospital in Sept of 1945. Any more help on her would be greatly appreciated, thanks Ken

post-4732-0-01714400-1507764844_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-90845700-1507764858_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-04906700-1507764880_thumb.jpg

Nice uniform! I know there were a few evac and station hospitals attached to the FAAA during the occupation, but having a hard time pulling finding them.

• 5 years later...

Ken, I wanted you to know that this uniform belonged to my late Aunt, Laura Loucks.  She was attached to the 21st General Hospital and you are correct with the service number.  She was also assigned as the Commanding Officer of an R&R Chateau in France.  We were very close and she lived well into her 90's. I compared the ribbons on the uniform, assuming you still have it, to the ones in my family's possession, it matches. She was a formal person, never married, and my wife and I hosted her 90th birthday, she requested black tie; she was also proud that the bar under her command "turned a profit".

If you are still in possession of the uniform, please advise if you are willing to part with a piece of our family history. 

• 3 weeks later...