Army to Revisit "Pinks and Greens?"

tredhed2

I wonder if that's the "Former Yugoslavia" clasp on the NATO medal?

Besides which, I didn't even notice the clasp when compared to the completely incorrect location of her rank insignia on the middle of the shoulder loop.

Unless they've changed the regs, officers wear their rank on the outer edge of the shoulder loop so they can wear their DUI in the middle of the shoulder loop.

You would hope that a LTC, even an aviator, would have a senior NCO somewhere in her chain of command to help her keep her uniform looking right.

While it could be the Yugoslavia bar, with the Afghanistan campaign medal already in her rack, I took a guess that it was the ISAF bar, but the picture gets too fuzzy when zoomed in to be sure.

In my nearly 22 years of active duty and 27 years as sn Army civilian, I've noticed much ignorance of and misinformation by soldiers on the wear of their insignia and ribbons. The emphasis on warfighting since 2001 has rightly made dress uniform correctness secondary to deployment and combat training. If service uniforms get worn more often, balance in the two military disciplines should occur. But, folks will always get stuff wrong.

I agree, they keep changing the Class A uniform and yet no one actually wears it for any period of time. When I 1st came in, pre-9-11, it seemed we were constantly getting Class A's checked and worn. But the last few years I was in, We were deployed just about every year. We would have one formal function a year and that would be it. I would have to actually check my records to see what I was entitled to at the time to update my rack.

The fact that the "Staff Sergeant" in the photo above has appeared as a Sergeant First Class (E-7) in older photos makes me wonder if these are not soldiers at all but actors or models.

. Regardless, someone would have put the uniforms together for them. Wether the models are really Soldiers or not, is of no importance.

. Regardless, someone would have put the uniforms together for them. Wether the models are really Soldiers or not, is of no importance.

Not to quibble.... but if they are actors.. which most likely they are.... the photographers who set it up and the costume people etc.. if they had no advisor from the army on the set... It could get goofed up. Or if they did have an advisor and he or she didnt speak up and make the corrections.. It could be that? The Lietenant Colonels Rank in the middle of the shoulder boards does look odd. And the guys changing rank. etc. I personally dont like the hat but the rest of it is cool!!!

It would have been cool to have been able to wear that instead of the Class A's.

Nah they'll go for an even more RETRO Look after this :lol:.

11407825_1.jpg?v=8CE7F21C4030840

Actually, the USAF did introduce a dress uniform with choker collar a few years ago. Really bad looking uniform.

I talked with a company that does uniform alternations and patch work outside of Fort Lewis, and they said the pinks and greens can be ordered now through companies who sell such things. I might look into a class A jacket I can replace the buttons on for my War Correspondent impression (as my original jacket is starting to look it's age to a degree)

Yes. That's the one! (Looks like a bad episode of Battlestar Galactica)

Every time I saw those, I kept thinking of British police uniforms...

• 1 month later...

Maj. Gen. Brian Winski, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) commander, renders a salute during the Cabbage Patch Ceremony and Parade at Carentan, France June 5, 2019. The Cabbage Patch commemoration ceremony and parade honors the 101st Airborne paratroopers who fought the Germans in the cabbage patches surrounding Carentan.

Note that he is wearing the overseas cap with AIrborne patch rather than the black beret.

post-1761-0-69803600-1577635467_thumb.jpg

Now that I really like! The gold-piped general's overseas cap with airborne patch looks good as do the brown jump boots.

Yes, and notice two rows of personal decorations. That sets another example.

Here's another view of the retro uniform in use, complete with every hoo-ah badge and ribbon. "Chief of Staff of the Army, Gen. James C. McConville, speaks during a congressional breakfast during the Association of the United States Army's 2019 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., Oct. 15, 2019. (U.S. Army photo/Dana Clarke)"

post-32676-0-71561600-1577816679_thumb.jpg

I wonder if one wanted, how much one could get away with in wearing select original WWII OD items, even with officers say wearing as an alternative a Pink Garrison Cap.

post-8022-1293803832.jpg

Apologies if someone has posted this already, but here's a photo of GEN. Mark A. Milley wearing the new uniform. The uncrushed variant of the cap looks much better.
It appears that he's wearing bullion general stars, at the very least the stars are made out of some type of fabric.

post-215053-0-14616900-1577917149_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Yes. That's the one! (Looks like a bad episode of Battlestar Galactica) Thanks for posting the pix.

Good lord! How old is that AF General!! He's got Vietnam ribbons!!!

GEN Miley was on the news, at a press conference about the Iran missile strike while standing at a podium at the White House, playing on the TV when we were over at a friend's house. The husband of the other couple looked up, and had the inevitable comment that I am sure soldiers will be hearing for a while about the 'new' WW2-styled Class A's:

What's a State Trooper standing up there for?

Now that I have seen them, I don't like the "new" brown uniforms. The ones I have seen at the Iran incident briefings just do not look right with modern ribbons and insignia. The look more like South American generals in uniforms that imitated the US style, but were over burdened with insignia.

Now that I have seen them, I don't like the "new" brown uniforms. The ones I have seen at the Iran incident briefings just do not look right with modern ribbons and insignia. The look more like South American generals in uniforms that imitated the US style, but were over burdened with insignia.

I think the tradition of only wearing the top 3-5 ribbons and maybe a badge or two (as seen in previous posts) needs to be the norm with this uniform, otherwise is does appear to get crowded quickly. As I recall, it's a "service" and not a "dress" uniform, so I don't think every badge and ribbon is mandatory, but it's been decades since I reviewed AR 670-1.