Army to Revisit "Pinks and Greens?"

tredhed2

I think these new uniforms are absolutely hideous. Any uniform will look bad if it is 1) poorly tailored and 2) made of cheap fabrics. These new uniforms suffer from both, and the reinterpretation of the WWII uniform just doesn't work IMO.

Also, I know it has become a fad in all of the services....but jeez...women are just shaped differently than men, OK? The men's uniform style just looks sloppy and ill fitting.

Is there any talk on what the Class B will be, what rank insignia for EMs will be worn on it etc etc, or did I miss it?

Is there any talk on what the Class B will be, what rank insignia for EMs will be worn on it etc etc, or did I miss it?

Scroll back to page 3, post 75.

Scroll back to page 3, post 75.

Right, thanks Matt, yeah, I think I even commented some where that they should tuck the tie in as they did in WWII up to the mid 60s.

I think these new uniforms are absolutely hideous. Any uniform will look bad if it is 1) poorly tailored and 2) made of cheap fabrics. These new uniforms suffer from both, and the reinterpretation of the WWII uniform just doesn't work IMO.

Yeah, I know they may be prototypes in the photo but the way they fold and drape has a real bargain-rack look.

Interesting grade insignia placement on the general's aide, too.

Also, I know it has become a fad in all of the services....but jeez...women are just shaped differently than men, OK? The men's uniform style just looks sloppy and ill fitting.

Agreed...coming to a BX near you soon.....

post-342-0-96810300-1557768335.jpg

Still an improvement over the "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" look of the current ASU Class B.

Couldn't agree more! I find it interesting this move to switch back to a uniform with a proud heritage.

• 1 month later...

This is what happens when some general sees MacArthur and want his hat standardized. They really need to change this before they embarrass themselves any further.....

-Ski

This is what happens when some general sees MacArthur and want his hat standardized. They really need to change this before they embarrass themselves any further.....

-Ski

Must be a pretty stiff but malleable grommet in those caps :lol:

The Cap Devices I noticed are not Shined, nor do they look plated Non Shine Needed types, back in the 30s till the 70s as we know these had to be shined just like collar brass.

Still an improvement over the "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" look of the current ASU Class B.

ehh not so much.From Mall cop to UPs driver...…. :lol:

Here's some new photos of them, good views of the most non standard appearance of it's Service Cap.https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/08/us-army-back-classic-design-wwii-uniforms/

New_Uniforms_2-1.jpg

I hope the woman in the front is a model and not actually a highly decorated aviation LTC. First of all, the rank insignia is in the wrong place, it needs to be at the outer end of the shoulder strap, not in the middle. Second she's wearing clown makeup.

Also those hats look terrible. Are we trying to copy McArthur or Rommel? :rolleyes:

Just get rid of the bus driver hat already and go back to the soft-pleated WWII style overseas cap. Looks better, easier to carry around, requires less maintenance (i.e. no cap device to polish) and it's cheaper.

I hope the woman in the front is a model and not actually a highly decorated aviation LTC. First of all, the rank insignia is in the wrong place, it needs to be at the outer end of the shoulder strap, not in the middle. Second she's wearing clown makeup.

Also those hats look terrible. Are we trying to copy McArthur or Rommel? :rolleyes:

Just get rid of the bus driver hat already and go back to the soft-pleated WWII style overseas cap. Looks better, easier to carry around, requires less maintenance (i.e. no cap device to polish) and it's cheaper.

looks like a train wreck.....

On the upside, Society Brand Hat Company has announced they will be making private purchase officer's caps that are within regulation for the new uniform!

From their Facebook post, "We have been highly critical of the proposed service cap for the new “service greens” uniform being tested by the US Army, mostly because it looks like crap. Therefore, we have our own take on the service cap. It meets the regulations of the new uniform (walnut brown leather, bound edge visor, olive drab wool and braid) but incorporates the classic WWII pattern, genuine leather visor and chinstrap, and hand sewn leather sweatband. These will be offered to US Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard personnel (without cap badge) for $175.00 plus shipping (considerably lower than any of our other caps). What do you think?"

post-32676-0-17025900-1561411770_thumb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/wwiihats/posts/1275476845944327?__xts__[0]=68.ARCCv3Z4Sge9DLUshQWwIBsgsQdtMyLBipzDjLXcNlgfSnoenv6gw0-O6vpHb21RaT3uWNjk6IGi7BcbSu0XQh891RQIMoQJ9pxrU95L3UEN4oegCHDrJx5fZnXjmyja63d8ChKTqxgZWTEpOmFok8rjtlexLZD5bWlPMXQWulD1D-jtv6AuG32vHhGoqpKTcMfvI3Oge37h597sRBzhaM3HbCQgmEmR0CwM2_wgDQf9d6zHR4izjTIn6xQkQJM_mphdT1yOA9BZaP19rmvtF3oeyZVTFdDJrQ7zXfPr_5G5W9LjmmLQDsKv7I7_IbELqtrXojvUITZ7n6J-4SFoB5YeVw&__tn__=-R

• 5 months later...

Here's a recent photo (October 31, 2019) of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley at the Pentagon wearing the Army's new pinks and greens uniform. Note he is only wearing two rows of ribbons showing only his highest decorations.

post-1761-0-69417200-1574688010_thumb.jpg

Here's some new photos of them, good views of the most non standard appearance of it's Service Cap.https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/08/us-army-back-classic-design-wwii-uniforms/

New_Uniforms_2-1.jpg

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. I've been retired for a few years now, but while I was in you were ONLY authorized to have bronze stars on your NATO ribbon for subsequent campaigns. The LTC in front appears to have the ISAF bar that comes with the foreign boxed medal. You would think for a publicity shoot someone would have spot checked them.

In my nearly 22 years of active duty and 27 years as sn Army civilian, I've noticed much ignorance of and misinformation by soldiers on the wear of their insignia and ribbons. The emphasis on warfighting since 2001 has rightly made dress uniform correctness secondary to deployment and combat training. If service uniforms get worn more often, balance in the two military disciplines should occur. But, folks will always get stuff wrong.

In my nearly 22 years of active duty and 27 years as sn Army civilian, I've noticed much ignorance of and misinformation by soldiers on the wear of their insignia and ribbons. The emphasis on warfighting since 2001 has rightly made dress uniform correctness secondary to deployment and combat training. If service uniforms get worn more often, balance in the two military disciplines should occur. But, folks will always get stuff wrong.

. While I have no dog in this fight (family career Navy since 1939, a couple of my moms brothers were drafted into the Army during WW2, and my brother in law), I have to agree that the emphasis on dress uniforms is lacking in all services. I was in for 13 years before I ever saw a copy of uniform regs. Prior to that, we just did what everyone else did. My son was in for 2.5 years before he was disabled out. Wore his whites for Boot Camp Graduation, and never wore his blues.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. I've been retired for a few years now, but while I was in you were ONLY authorized to have bronze stars on your NATO ribbon for subsequent campaigns. The LTC in front appears to have the ISAF bar that comes with the foreign boxed medal. You would think for a publicity shoot someone would have spot checked them.

I wonder if that's the "Former Yugoslavia" clasp on the NATO medal?

Besides which, I didn't even notice the clasp when compared to the completely incorrect location of her rank insignia on the middle of the shoulder loop.

Unless they've changed the regs, officers wear their rank on the outer edge of the shoulder loop so they can wear their DUI in the middle of the shoulder loop.

You would hope that a LTC, even an aviator, would have a senior NCO somewhere in her chain of command to help her keep her uniform looking right.

The fact that the "Staff Sergeant" in the photo above has appeared as a Sergeant First Class (E-7) in older photos makes me wonder if these are not soldiers at all but actors or models.