Spectacular Bullion Navy Rates

dpcsdan

Bill Scott

Here are three I just picked up they are very high quality.The breasts of all three are double rows of bullion that sticks out like an armored vest.Scotty

img284.jpg

Here are three I just picked up they are very high quality.The breasts of all three are double rows of bullion that sticks out like an armored vest.Scotty

. Love the texture worke on these. So sad this is not done any longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a group of Hensco bullion rates I have. No mistaking the Hensco eagle head design.

post-125548-0-66965300-1434923515.jpg

A Lion Bros. Turret Capt. Maybe WW1?

post-125548-0-39339500-1434924148.jpg

post-125548-0-35754400-1434924285.jpg

This Hull Maintenance Tech. has strips of paper with oriental characters used for backing on the chevrons. Sorry, no photo of the back.

post-125548-0-74491200-1434926111.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have been away and have not got much this year but what i did get was good stuff. This next piece I got off ebay last night. Its a early bullion PH rate. May need a little cleaning, carefully. Hope it was ok to use ebay picture, a forum member had this on ebay. Sorry if i outbid any forum members

post-2501-0-66322500-1445791028.jpg

I have been away and have not got much this year but what i did get was good stuff. This next piece I got off ebay last night. Its a early bullion PH rate. May need a little cleaning, carefully. Hope it was ok to use ebay picture, a forum member had this on ebay. Sorry if i outbid any forum members

Absolutely no problem using that photo. I'm glad its going to a good home!

I have that one too, I have wonder if these are legit or post war any way. Maybe post war.

I defer to the more knowledgeable, but I suspected it was post-war, and didn't bid. Not saying this style wasn't worn; but the style of bullion looks to me like the period after that rating was no longer authorized. For that matter, was gold ever authorized on Aviation Working Green?

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpg

Wow...that's a FANTASTIC looking piece!!!

For that matter, was gold ever authorized on Aviation Working Green?

Officially, no. But they were worn anyway.

I agree, though, the embroidery looks more recent.

The Chief PhM is great, Jason! Cool how they went all silver with the cross. It has an early 1920's look, to me.

Justin B.

I defer to the more knowledgeable, but I suspected it was post-war, and didn't bid. Not saying this style wasn't worn; but the style of bullion looks to me like the period after that rating was no longer authorized. For that matter, was gold ever authorized on Aviation Working Green?

The rating was abolished in 1948, but those who qualified for that rating I would imagine could still wear that rating. So the rating may of been worn longer than 1948?

While I dropped out of the Pharmacist's Mate bidding early on, I did pick up this WWI era Chief Quartermaster on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised there was only one other bidder, and how low it went. Nobody wanted it but me? Am I missing something?

post-132988-0-96106100-1445917308.jpg

Reverse:

post-132988-0-58949200-1445917658.jpg

Very attractive rate. I sure would have bid on it but I didn't see it. Darn.

I'm glad you didn't see it then ;-) It sold for around $25 shipped, which I thought was low, but it is not in mint condition. None the less, I am happy to have it in my collection; only the second example from the period for me.

While I dropped out of the Pharmacist's Mate bidding early on, I did pick up this WWI era Chief Quartermaster on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised there was only one other bidder, and how low it went. Nobody wanted it but me? Am I missing something?

I know i didn't see it..lol But i have not been looking much lately. Its a nice one, i know there is foriegn maker that looks close to ww1 but is ww2. Its in John Stacey's book

• 2 weeks later...

Was happy to find this one this morning - Chief Printer. While not the "coolest" of rates, it's tough to find in this configuration.

CPO Printer.jpg

. Well, their descendants, the Lithographers, used to make up some pretty cool stuff that we would then print out and make stencils with. ?

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpg

Wow!! That is gorgeous!