Spectacular Bullion Navy Rates

dpcsdan

I agree, Jason.

I'll work on researching "foreign, where?"

-dan

Dan,

I think I found were this jacket was tailored. On the back of the buttons, they are marked SHANGHAI NEW BRIGHT CO.

Shanghai is a eastern sea port in China.

Jason

Here Is my most favorite Bullion rate. This one came with a group that included a more common one and a horrific homemade one. Also included in the group were 2nd Cl PO to CPO rates and hat talleys from 3 ships two of which were in the Point Honda incident.

The front of this one looks fairly common but the back has a backing of material that looks just like the linning found in WW1 hats and pants with the Gemsco trademark.

John

post-2723-1232250858.jpg

post-2723-1232250875.jpg

CPO Boatswain's Mate. Korea or Nam era

That would be a Senior Chief Boatswain's Mate post 1958 (E-8 paygrade).

VERY nice rating badge by the way! thumbsup.gif

Current Senior Chief Food Service Management.

post-1455-1229284093.jpg

This patch is used only for the "Dinner Dress" uniform. It is not a required uniform to maintain. For normal whites, including choker whites, collar devices are used. When your in this uniform you have the cumberbun on also. They look sharp but I've only see a couple of people ever have them and they only wore them at the Navy Ball.

Jon B

Newaygo MI.

There are three or four specialty marks that I took a liking to, among those are Motor Machinist's Mate. Here's one in bullion.

-dan

post-769-1234536627.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Fritz,

Those are the first two bullion avaiation airship riggers that I have seen. I did see one in John Helvey collection that got stolen in the 80's. That one was a non-bullion on white. I like your collection of bullion pilots as well. I have to get me one of those in the future!!!

Jason

My first cpo bullion pilot rate on aviation green.

post-2501-1236436121.jpg

Jason

WW2 Turrent Captain Cpo Bullion

post-2501-1236437831.jpg

WW2 Mailman Cpo Bullion

post-2501-1236437934.jpg

Another version of the Boilermaker Cpo in Bullion

post-2501-1236438423.jpg

Here's a interesting cpo bullion rate that I got a few weeks ago. Looks like a pre ww2 VFW cpo bullion rate.

post-2501-1236439193.jpg

Jason

Another version of the Boilermaker Cpo in Bullion

post-2501-1236438423.jpg

Jason

Really nice rating badges, Jason.

We'll discuss the very scarce Boilermaker (1976-77) "wrench through the boiler" design (ala, Construction Mechanic) in another post I'll start when I get a moment.

-dan

Here's some more bullion rates that I recently purchased.

This one is similar to fritz's radarman rate

post-2501-1236446677.jpg

Jason

Aussie-Wings

Hi,

I added this CPO Aerographers Mate as a seprate thread to try and get a time frame fix on it. No responses crying.gif Any ideas?

Thanks,

AW.

post-4136-1236447633.jpg

Very nice Aviation Pilot rate on green Jason. Those are not easy to find. I especially like your Mailman rate. I have been looking for one of those for a while.

-fritz

Thanks Fritz,

I've been looking or wanted one for a while.

I had this cpo bullion aviation metalsmith for a while. It's on green with the red chevrons and has fine bullion thread.

post-2501-1237043622.jpg

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Musician 3c in bullion. Bullion for rates below chief petty officer, while not regulation during WWII, they were specifically forbidden after WWII.

-dan

post-769-1237985654.jpg

post-5589-0-03809200-1401933978.jpg

Chief Petty Officer, Naval Aviation Machinist's Mate? not sure what era honestly, was on the Gus Kroesens 6 button dress blues jacket

IMG00432.jpg

Chief Petty Officer, Naval Aviation Machinist's Mate? not sure what era honestly, was on the Gus Kroesens 6 button dress blues jacket

Most likely post WW2. Six button coats were sometimes worn by CPOs durring the war, but became regulation in '49. The eagle is facing in the post '40 drection.

Steve Hesson