Need help on VN uniform ...

luft

Hi everyone,

As i says in the title, i need some help for finish a VN display, and my question will be stupid, but ...

What hat/cap is possible to have for a MACV Sp4/Sp5 w/ Tropical Combat Uniform, '65/'66 period ?

I know, normally, at this period, cap (hot weather) will made the deal, but as many guys back in the days, i don't like it, and would to know if a alternative is possible, like Ridgeway, M51field cap or others.

And what to wear on it ? as my "guy" get his para wings, possible to have it on the cap? or just macv crest? or both?

Let me know your thoughts or your advices, please.

Thanks

T

Chickenpuffball

Hi everyone,

As i says in the title, i need some help for finish a VN display, and my question will be stupid, but ...

What hat/cap is possible to have for a MACV Sp4/Sp5 w/ Tropical Combat Uniform, '65/'66 period ?

I know, normally, at this period, cap (hot weather) will made the deal, but as many guys back in the days, i don't like it, and would to know if a alternative is possible, like Ridgeway, M51field cap or others. 

And what to wear on it ? as my "guy" get his para wings, possible to have it on the cap? or just macv crest? or both?

Let me know your thoughts or your advices, please.

Thanks

T

Issued baseball cap?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Issued baseball cap?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, but as i asked, i search for a alternative, as i don't very like it, like many guys over there. As i read somewhere that some guys wore some alternatives hats/caps, and i would know what or if it's real, as i already observe issued baseball cap on pics of Op "Power Pack" in Dominican Rep, current 1965. And wasn't able to find pics of others caps than this model, unless early advisors years.

T

For 1965-66, If you don't want to go with the issue 1963 soft cap, another pick would be a patrol cap, the M51 Patrol Cap. As MACV didn't have a DUI, then a pair of metal jump wings, period hallmarked of course. Of course a more extravagant route would be a South Vietnamese cowboy hat, solid OD or Camo, but those items are both kinda rare and expensive I should think

For 1965-66, If you don't want to go with the issue 1963 soft cap, another pick would be a patrol cap, the M51 Patrol Cap. As MACV didn't have a DUI, then a pair of metal jump wings, period hallmarked of course. Of course a more extravagant route would be a South Vietnamese cowboy hat, solid OD or Camo, but those items are both kinda rare and expensive I should think

Thanks for your input patches!

T