Shoes no match for mannequin's feet

ken88

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys have had the problem of shoes not fitting a mannequin's feet? If so, how did you solve this problem? Is it okay to cut a piece off the feet? I'd like to prevent cutting off a piece of the foot but I'm afraid there's no other solution...

Thanks

Ken

Ken,

At the museum I work at it is common to cut off the toes and mid section of the feet to accommodate shoes..

The only other solution would be to get bigger size shoes/boots.. But in many cases that is not possible..

Leigh

pararaftanr2

Ken,

With a jig saw, it's quick and easy. Be sure to wear a dust mask and eye protection because the fiberglass particles can cause irritation. I've found with Yank's mannequins, this is usually not necessary, as the feet are molded to fit smaller sized footwear. Anything size 7, or larger, will fit them without "surgery".

Regards, Paul

Yank mannequins have very small feet and they are removable from the leg. This way you can place the foot into the boot and then attach it to the leg. I have around 30 of them with uniforms and footwear ranging from the Civil War to modern day. About 7 of them are WWI and they all work well even with the leather leggings. Scott

In answer on your question, cutting the toos is an option, but mostly the instep is the problem,

when you cut the heel, the problem is often resolved. Succes