Elvis Presley in the Army - Graceland

ssggates

My wife and I took a trip to Memphis last weekend and dropped by Graceland and the new entertainment complex "Elvis Presley's Memphis". One of the large exhibits showcases artifacts from Elvis' years in the army and I was pleasantly surprised to see some items that I do not remember being on display at the old facility. Among them are his issued M1 and ike jacket along with numerous documents. I love what they have done to the complex and I highly recommend a visit for any Elvis or music fans out there!

post-20290-0-92711400-1506973443_thumb.jpg

post-20290-0-16270000-1506973452_thumb.jpg

Backtheattack

The museum at Grafenwöhr/Bavaria has a room dealing with Elvis and his time at Grafenwöhr, with pictures from the "Micky Bar" where he often played the piano, and other items from his time here. A "must visit" for any Elvis fan.

The museum at Grafenwöhr/Bavaria has a room dealing with Elvis and his time at Grafenwöhr, with pictures from the "Micky Bar" where he often played the piano, and other items from his time here. A "must visit" for any Elvis fan.

I think I remember seeing some of those pictures when I was at Graf in the early 00's. I would love to go back sometime (to the town, not the base!).

militariaone

Here's a few Elvis related pictures from the Kultur- und Militärmuseum Grafenwöhr. I believe the named Elvis uniform they have on exhibit is a recreation. But the piano is legit:-)

V/r Lance

post-31352-0-82104500-1507187259_thumb.jpg

post-31352-0-89934900-1507187269_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Backtheattack

Lance, visited this museum last year. The piano is from the Micky-bar where he did his surprising singing while at Grafenwöhr.