1969 USAF "Flight Suit Cover" identification

c7zx

Hello, to those following the forum.

I seldom post, but need help with identification of a "Flight suit cover" that I came across on eBay several months ago. Google info was sparse. Manufactured by David Clark and dated 1969 with US Air Force marking. Not a flight suit and quite thin. Any info appreciated, c7zx.

post-153088-0-94181700-1506890134_thumb.jpg

post-153088-0-07864300-1506890178_thumb.jpg

It looks like a cover for a integrated pressure suit and torso harness. DC made the suits for the U-2 and SR-71. Perhaps this was another part of a high altitude pressure suit with the built in torso harness.

I think I found a winner. Part of the David Clark A/P22S-2 Full Pressure Suit. Here is a pic from 1963 of Chuck Yeager wearing one. All the zips, openings and the USAF emblem on the left seem to match the cover assembly you have.

https://static.thisdayinaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/tdia//2013/12/YEAGER-Charles-E.-Chuck-Colonel-USAF-wearing-full-pressure-suit.jpg

Great detective work and Thanks! A David Clark A/P22S-2 Full Pressure Suit "cover" seems to be the right identification. Those keywords were exactly the info I needed to jump start my internet searches. Where I found this info :

American pressure suit, operational 1960. The David Clark XMC-2-DC prototype, although still in need of substantial development, evolved into the MC-2 suit and then into a standardized Air Force high altitude, full pressure garment known as the A/P 22S-2.

.post-153088-0-73407900-1507184618.jpg