very early 1995 CGF high cut helmet.

Ben@HI

a friend of mine down at Ft Bragg picked up 2 of these that oddly enough were still being used up until recently. this one has been repainted numerous times and has been switched over to a pad liner with ACH style chin strap and had a standard norotos bracket added. the other was about the same but had a ops core strap and rails. unfortunately they ended up with a surplus dealer that parted them out because he didn't know what they were but luckily my friend noticed the shells before they were buggered up and gave me one. with that being said the bracket, chin strap and pads are not original to this helmet and are replacements for the ones the surplus dealer pulled from them. in any event its extremely rare to see a CGF high cut this early and I personally think its interesting to see that they stayed in use so long.

post-100928-0-26853800-1506791338.jpg

post-100928-0-29666300-1506791344.jpg

post-100928-0-71004500-1506791350.jpg

A very rare find here Ben, congrats! Can you confirm that the MICH/ACH type chinstrap was field drilled for attachment? I have seen photos of these from the same time period using a "boltless" system for the chinstrap integrated into the suspension.

Definitely started life with the French liner system. Looks to have been converted around the last time it was painted. This one was pulled apart correctly so I can't say for sure what pads or strap were being used after the conversion but he cut the straps off the other and it still had loops for a coyote ops core h-nape.

Yes it definitely would have been nice to have gotten it unmessed with but I can't complain.

Yep high cuts go back a long way. Seems I read somewhere that the first ones used by USSOCOM were back in the early 90's and where British and French Made.