Sis and I just thought that it might be a fun thing to get a Vietnam Veteran Challenge coin for my Uncle. I could engrave his Bro's name on it, and give it to him with the display that I am making. However . . . a quick question. Does anyone know if they made a Vietnam Vet KIA challenge coin or one with an F-4 on it? I am open to a typical Vietnam War one, but thought I'd ask. This is definitely something I want to save up for, just a matter of finding the right now. ;) Thanks to any who can help! I really don't know anything about Challenge Coins, a I just found out about them this Summer.

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Hello --

Great that you're doing this. I think there are several possibilities for you. Just scanning eBay, as an example, there is a coin with an F-4, A-4, and a Huey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-NAVY-YANKEE-AIR-PIRATE-CHALLENGE-COIN-USAF-USMC-VIETNAM-VETS-F4-A4-UH-1-HUEY-/112576672308?hash=item1a3617b234:g:myEAAOSwBLlVRW1P

Also on there was a coin for Vietnam KIA's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-MEMORY-OF-VIETNAM-KIA-ALL-GAVE-SOME-Military-Veteran-CHALLENGE-COIN-CH0324-EE-/361941920308?hash=item54456b6a34:g:V8EAAOSwol5Y3xWR

Unfortunately, neither if these has a spot for engraving. However, there are several versions of Purple Heart coins that have an enameled Purple Heart on one side and a reverse with a place to put the date and service branch of the awardee plus a spot for his name. Here's an example from eBay again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PURPLE-HEART-MEDAL-Challenge-Coin-Army-Marines-Air-Force-Navy-RARE-USA-NOS-1hm-/152717630670?hash=item238eae1cce:g:8LcAAOSw0UdXwbNA

Most if these are in the $10 to $15 range.

Looking for:

1. CIB with M16 instead of 1795 Musket

2. Rarer current era brassards and armbands

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

donation2015.gif donation2016.gif

Thanks so much! Fun with the F-4, but I really would like to be able to engrave it. I'll look on the Medals of America. Thanks for the link! I'm completely new to challenge coins, so I appreciate the help!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

I'll look on the Medals of America. Thanks for the link! I'm completely new to challenge coins, so I appreciate the help!

I have purchased many items from Medals of America. If you find anything on their website that interests you, I highly recommend them.

,,,,Kat

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif