Need Info on AF Flight Boots

Maxpower

Hi Guys,

I'm a neophyte when it comes to uniforms and such. I inherited these boots from my Grandpa and wanted to know the history on them if possible.

My Grandpa was a USAF pilot in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. He died while stationed in Germany (at Berchtesgaden I think) before I ever met him though.

Anyway, any info you guys have on these would be cool. What time period were they used, maybe what types/seasons/missions were they used on etc. Anything is appreciated.

Thanks!

post-171129-0-21238000-1506098653_thumb.jpg

post-171129-0-41385800-1506098800_thumb.jpg

post-171129-0-58204100-1506098842_thumb.jpg

Nice boots...A-6A is a direct variant from the A6 WWII boots..The A-6A are late WWII boots but yours has the USAF decal versus the AAF decal...the post war boots were designated A-1s..

the mukluks are nice...do they have a USAF stamp? maybe from a arctic survival kit

Nice boots...A-6A is a direct variant from the A6 WWII boots..The A-6A are late WWII boots but yours has the USAF decal versus the AAF decal...the post war boots were designated A-1s..

the mukluks are nice...do they have a USAF stamp? maybe from a arctic survival kit

No USAF stamp on the mukluks, just what's pictured.

Any idea what, if anything, these boots are worth? Are there collectors that would appreciate them?

post-171129-0-34204300-1506198611_thumb.jpg