F-106 Patches

viking73

Hi,

I love the F-106 Delta Dart. I've been collecting F-106 patches on and off for some years.

I wanted to display some of them in my war room so I bought a 12" x 36" frame at Hobby Lobby with the removable edges. Here is the display, I'll post some close-ups next.

-Derek

post-5482-0-84101000-1505946135_thumb.jpg

Nice collection! You might want to check on your 2nd FIS, that looks like one of the 80s Nordco repros. Not trying to knock your stuff, just making you aware. If you need more info on that, let me know.

Randy

Nice collection! You might want to check on your 2nd FIS, that looks like one of the 80s Nordco repros. Not trying to knock your stuff, just making you aware. If you need more info on that, let me know.

Randy

Thanks for the info. Randy. I didn't know that about the Nordco repro 2nd FIS patch. Bummer! I think I remember reading a thread about them here at some point? I know most/all of the other 2nd FIS patches I've seen don't have the lettering on them, it's just the winged horse in the circle. Guess I need to replace that one in the frame :)

-Derek

Happy to see that someone else has fond feelings for the F 106. Nice display and glad that you have my squadron the 194th FIS represented. The 106 was a great old aircraft I really miss flying it.

Ben

Derek-

The one without the tabs is the 2 FITS or 2 FWS. They did fly the 106 as well so you would be safe with that one. I've listed those Nordco repros here and at another site. Look at the backs and there is tons of synthetic thread, plus the stitch count is pretty low. Still see them on eBay going for way more than they are worth. You still have some nice pieces in there!

Randy

Thanks for the info. Randy. I didn't know that about the Nordco repro 2nd FIS patch. Bummer! I think I remember reading a thread about them here at some point? I know most/all of the other 2nd FIS patches I've seen don't have the lettering on them, it's just the winged horse in the circle. Guess I need to replace that one in the frame :)

-Derek