New camo helmet to the collection

ArchangelDM

Got this from a forum member several moths ago , it has only just arrived as it's been with my brother in Texas.

Liner is named to a Sodetani who served in the Vietnam war as infantry he was of Japanese origin and has since sadly passed.

The helmet has various colours and features this very beautiful Teal base colour.

Shows heavy use , and the chinstraps show lots of use too.

This is the first ever helmet with this colour scheme I have seen so I'm guessing ARVN Camo paint. I believe Kammo man has a pic of this camo colouring being worn in country.

So either the soldier had it painted or the helmet was a re issue and given to a South Vietnamese soldier then painted. This seems more likely

Enjoy the pics and as always comments always welcome

nice helmet, it looks like ARVN issue to me, maybe the US soldier put his liner in it, or possibly used it like that and served along side the ARVN

very unique display piece, good find.

:)

nice helmet, it looks like ARVN issue to me, maybe the US soldier put his liner in it, or possibly used it like that and served along side the ARVN

very unique display piece, good find.

:)

Thanks Bolo

Unique and the only one I've come across

Thanks For the kind words

Fine (and ARVN) for me too! If I remember well I've got a pic with a similar color scheme in my "data base". This evening I'll post it. Interesting the named liner, but I'm not sure that it belong to the shell. From the pics seems that they have two different condition.

Interesting too the circolar insigna under the camo paint on the front. In your opinion, what is?

Fine (and ARVN) for me too! If I remember well I've got a pic with a similar color scheme in my "data base". This evening I'll post it. Interesting the named liner, but I'm not sure that it belong to the shell. From the pics seems that they have two different condition.

Interesting too the circolar insigna under the camo paint on the front. In your opinion, what is?

Morning Eugen

Thanks for the input , I believe the white is a peace symbol of sorts.

Also agree the liner could be a later addition.

Looking forward to see the photo

Thanks

Dean

Dean,

Liner is a later addition as was the named sweatband. When I originally purchased the helmet, it had no liner and I only included it in the sale as a freebie. If you will look closely at the interior of the shell, there is a last name (American in origin) printed in what looks to possibly be red crayon. The remnants of white paint are, in fact, a peace symbol.

Dean,

Liner is a later addition as was the named sweatband. When I originally purchased the helmet, it had no liner and I only included it in the sale as a freebie. If you will look closely at the interior of the shell, there is a last name (American in origin) printed in what looks to possibly be red crayon. The remnants of white paint are, in fact, a peace symbol.

Thankyou for the info Luke

It's super interesting that's for sure , lots of the liners wouldn't have made it back due to conditions. That's probably what's Happened here , my other original nam uses liners are shot to bits with Rot etc

Thanks again

D.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one of mine that no one seems to be able to pin down. Came from goodwill just as it is. WWII shell with sewn chinstraps and a Vietnam dated liner.

post-5712-0-28646200-1507301819_thumb.jpg

post-5712-0-64739200-1507301824_thumb.jpg

Really like that helmet

I do too. Its very methodical in its application. I've been thinking, with some others input, that its likely an advisor's helmet. Some of its colors match one of your other helmets, along with others that have been posted on the forum. Those also tend to be unidentified as to their use as well. I've gotten out of M1 lids so this is one of my last ones left that has managed to hang around.

• 5 years later...

It only took 6 years, but finally a pic has emerged of this style over on the Facebook page. Berlin Brigade in the 60’s, captain front center.

IMG_8979.jpeg