USMC Band devices - The Henderson Ames Co

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Have seen these around just a handful of times since I started collecting... finally snatched up a pair myself. But I don't know anything about these devices... anyone have any information on them? Timeframe they were worn? Any photos of them in use? I have several of the regular lyre devices that were described in the early regs but haven't seen any documentation on these kind...

HELP!!!

-Maddox

post-133515-0-19254500-1505593712.jpg

Interesting. So you're thinking no good? I know of one popular seller... whose name shall not be said... but even they had the hallmark wrong (as in my PM to you). They have a "real enough" feel to them but I just don't know.

• 2 years later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Check it out.. finally found a fairly clear shot of these devices being worn.   Private Verne Powell, spent his entire enlistment at Mare Island from Dec 1917 though sometime in 1919 or so.

100583001_10220656020982430_8800761870702084096_o.jpg.4d695d029be184fa83a239b88b282bf9.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

These are reproduced examples. There are no crisp details on the obverse and the details of the reverse are mushy... neat pic!