North Carolina National Guard Interwar Uniform?

I am trying to identify this uniform for the Edgecombe County Veterans Museum in Tarboro. My guess is that it is a interwar period dress uniform for the NC National Guard. The owner/maker label has a handwritten date of 1927. The buttons have "North Carolina" around the edge, but is hard to see in my photo. The museum and I appreciates any information the members of the forum can provide.

post-96874-0-13350700-1505234282.jpg

post-96874-0-49255600-1505234296_thumb.jpg

State Guard not National Guard there is a difference. State guards are never under federal control so they can do what ever they want, they don't have uniforms and equipment supplied and have to buy their own so they might as well get pretty ones. As for what unit it is I have no idea, it may be hard to track down but I would start with something like the governor's guard and things along those lines.

I agree with the State Guard or "Ceremonial" type uniform idea. However, remember that Maryland's 175th Infantry ("Dandy 5th") and I believe New York's 174th Infantry wore non regulation uniforms that were similar to this even after WW1. Both of these units were National Guard.

VolunteerArmoury

They were National Guard uniforms such as this worn later than that even. I've one from the 7th NY (107th Infantry Regiment) that is dated 1941 & have somewhere photos of some units wearing similar into the house 1950s. I talked to a fellow who said they wore such in early 1960s in his NG unit which I'm blank on his unit was. Seems like that was more of a northern thing & not as many Southern units doing that. The ones I can recall were mostly from Georgia, Virginia, & the Carolinas.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's definitely State Guard & not NG but I wouldn't say it's definitely NG either. Maybe you'll luck out & find a photo of a guy wearing it & some unit info.