Opinions on 63rd Troop Carrier Squadron A-2 jacket?

HeritageMilitariaOrlando

HeritageMilitariaOrlando

Hey all,

I was looking for some input on this named 63rd Troop Carrier A-2 flight jacket. It looks pretty good to me with typical signs of use and age, but I'd like to see what the masses think. It's listed on Lux Military Antiques. Thanks in advance!

Link: https://www.lux-military-antiques.com/en/p/usaaf-type-a-2-flight-jacket-patched-and-named-.htm

58c87a20e77aa.jpg58c87a22bb891.jpg58c87a241bf37.jpg

It is a nice Dubow A-2... I like it , nice hise and knits etc..all looks good..I like the box stitching on the epaulets...nice wartime construction...contratsing thread sets it apart...nice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like the A-2. It is undoubtedly an original. I am VERY nervous about the troop carrier squadron patch however. To me, it looks like something that Andrew Butler would sell rather than what I would expect from a US made or Australian made patch. Check out this thread that discusses the insignia- http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9651-403rd-troop-carrier-group-63rd-troop-carrier-squadron/

Quick question- why does the lightning bolt go backwards?

Allan

when compared there are minor variances in these patches.

Does this make one fake or is it just a variance?

William Kramer

post-83697-0-39963000-1510080237.jpg

post-83697-0-46795000-1510080249.jpg

Looking at the stitching that attaches the patch to the jacket, and the way the leather has formed around the patch outline, I would say the patch has been there a long time, most likely married to the jacket since the war... IMO