Collecting with a new puppy

mrhell

OK, even the title sets a bad tone doesn't it? :unsure:

Well, we have a newer family member, a 1-1/2 year old chocolate lab who still has puppy in her. Very smart dog, and for the most part a great young dog who learns quickly and I do spend time training her, but puppies will be puppies.

Here's a nice old WWI book I had since the late '70s and it's condition has always been excellent. It's been in storage for over 20 years until I dug it out and added it to my book self about 2 months ago.

book1.jpg

Well due to it's height it wouldn't fit any of the shelves so I simply laid it on top of other books.....and apparently one corner was sticking out just enough to catch the eye of a playful pup: crying.gif

book2.jpg

Fortunately the wife caught her in action before any major damage was done. Oh well, any value this book might have held has just dropped, but at least it's still usable. Here's just a sampling of the neat photos inside:

book3.jpg

Maybe the new dog has a "nose" for WWI collectibles. I'll have to take her garage sale hunting to see if she can redeem herself by finding some hidden treasures. Just thought I'd share a story.

I had to laugh as I had an identical situation with my Lab when he was a puppy.

Only my boy saw fit to tear off the entire cover and rip out a few pages.

Thank god by the time he was about 2 that type of stuff was over.

But I still to this day do not hang washing outside. lol