Question about US Military Cots

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I picked up two very clean Vietnam era cots today and I have a couple of questions. I at first thought that the metal cot was a just your ordinary everyday cot and I was only going to take the wooden cot. I then took a closer look at that cot and noticed the DSA number and the year 1967. My first question is about the wooden cot, it has a DSA-1 and the number 68 is at the end of the set of numbers in the middle. It is not separated with that said would that still indicate the year? My second question is about the DSA number on the metal cot. Whats with the DSA 400 number? I just don't recall ever seeing one that high. My last question also has to do with the metal cot. I have had wooden cots that were dated all the way into the 1980's but this is the first metal cot I have seen from this early, and I would just like to know how common they are? Thanks!!

post-1412-0-37780100-1505007769.jpgpost-1412-0-18787400-1505007776.jpg

Well the wooden 68 dated cot is nice...relatively common....NOS condition is rare, but not unheard of...

however the 66 dated aluminum cot, IMO, is a rare animal.. I have not come across one in travels .....

With both being in NOS condition, they rate a premium,

the aluminum cot would be a prize for the Nam collectors

Manchu Warrior

Well the wooden 68 dated cot is nice...relatively common....NOS condition is rare, but not unheard of...

however the 66 dated aluminum cot, IMO, is a rare animal.. I have not come across one in travels .....

With both being in NOS condition, they rate a premium,

the aluminum cot would be a prize for the Nam collectors

I appreciate the information. Thanks!!