WW1 American Adrian Helmet for discussion

aerocollector2014

Croix de Guerre

Once we finally decided on the British Brodie style helmet, our first contract with English helmet manufacturers was for 200,000 helmets.  Somebody made a lotta money on that deal.  

On 5/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, Croix de Guerre said:

I was scrolling through my photos and came across this hinky example of the helmet device in question.  I used to (and still do) grab photos of any and all ambulance related material I come across on the web for reference. Unfortunately I have no idea where and in wha context I snagged this picture.   I have some others of this helmet device, that I'll post if I can find them.  Admittedly it is a cool looking device and as I said it might be genuine but I have serious doubts.  Another theory is that they were produced war-time, were never issued and some unscrupulous collector/dealer came across a pile and started increasing the value of otherwise mundane French helmets.  Just a theory.  

5443A78C-F56A-4293-A8B3-AB20939DF030.jpeg

I seem to remember this one being on eBay a few years ago Tom.  It may have even been discussed here. Sadly, my advanced years have rendered my memory flawed. 🤔