1943-1947 Navy Grey Rates for C.P.O.s & P.O.s!

hhbooker2

Hi Dan,

Yes, don't know to much on these gray jumpers either. I heard about them but never saw one untill this one.

Jason

DAN and JASON: I saw these as a youth worn by seaman unloading supplies as their white uniform showed dirt quickly and chambry shirts and dungarees were too tight sometimes? :lol: Chief Yeoman from Mustang Guy!

post-837-1225875619.jpg

Hi,

I just picked this gray navy jumper up, I thought this would be a good place for it. It has the S on the rating for shore patrol .

Jason

post-2501-1225834347.jpg

DAN and JASON: Nice jumper, surprised it was not worn out from heavy use in the 1940s? thumbdown.gif Here is a rate for Chief Aerographer.

post-837-1225875763.jpg

• 2 years later...
Hi,

I just picked this gray navy jumper up, I thought this would be a good place for it. It has the S on the rating for shore patrol .

Jason

post-2501-1225834347.jpg

Digging up an excellent old thread...

Jason....that thing is stunning! Did these guys wear the SP brassard on their sleeve as well?

Digging up an excellent old thread...

Jason....that thing is stunning! Did these guys wear the SP brassard on their sleeve as well?

Yes, they wore the sp brassard as well.

Jason

Yes, they wore the sp brassard as well.

Jason

Jason is correct, The brassard was part of SP equipage. Like the other gear it was worn while on duty in the capacity of a Shore Patrolman. This would mean Patroling, on the beat. Lots fo these guys worked at the "Station House", processing "stuff" like any other police department. These guys would not wear the brassard. Does that make sense?

Steve Hesson

Thanks for the replies Jason/Steve. I didn't get specific as the frame of mind I had was that while engaged in SP patrolling duties, the brassard would be worn as it is today, in addition to possessing the rating badge. Thanks for the clarification!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...