1943-1947 Navy Grey Rates for C.P.O.s & P.O.s!

hhbooker2

• 3 weeks later...

I landed this bird a few days ago. The gray uniform was very classy and would have been such a nice separation from the other services in the same vein of the jumpers. Posted Image

• 6 years later...
Salvage Sailor
On 11/1/2008 at 3:47 PM, Salvage Sailor said:

Indeed Steve, Machinist's Mate Chief ...... brain synapse parted like a frayed hawser

;)

Some twelve plus years and here's the Motor Mac

Chief Motor Machnist's Mate

B MoMC 01.jpg

B MoMC 02.jpg

B MoMC 04.jpg

Salvage Sailor
On 11/1/2008 at 3:47 PM, Salvage Sailor said:

Indeed Steve, Machinist's Mate Chief ...... brain synapse parted like a frayed hawser

;)

Some twelve plus years and here's the Motor Mac

Chief Motor Machnist's Mate

B MoMC 01.jpg

B MoMC 02.jpg

B MoMC 04.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently got these 6 new gray rates.

L-R top: BM3c, AEM2c, PhM3c

L-R bottom: CBM, CMU, CBM

I included a picture of the backs. 

20210611_062726.jpg

20210611_062747.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently received a good amount of Grey rates. The backs are hard to see since it's a group picture and not individual so I wrote what's on the back next to he rates.

TOP: Chief Aviation Radioman, Aviation Ordnanceman 3c (1944), Chief Carpenters Mate, Fire Controlman 2c (1944)

MID: Shipfitter or Metalsmith 3c (1944), Chief Commissary Steward (LIONA), Ships Cook 1c

BTM: Yeoman 1c (1944), Yeoman 3c (NYEC 1943), Chief Motor Machinists Mate (LIONA)

20210718_194811.jpg

20210718_194836.jpg

On 6/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, PatLaabs said:

Recently got these 6 new gray rates.

L-R top: BM3c, AEM2c, PhM3c

L-R bottom: CBM, CMU, CBM

I included a picture of the backs. 

20210611_062726.jpg

20210611_062747.jpg

Quick point, there was no “BM3c”. Until 1948, the rate was known as Coxswain. Written as COX. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, sigsaye said:

Quick point, there was no “BM3c”. Until 1948, the rate was known as Coxswain. Written as COX. 

Thanks for that. If it wasn't for you mentioning that on the other gentleman's post I would never have known that. I did the dangerous thing and ASSUMED that because it was the same rating mark as all other BMs it would just be a BM3c but this is also the military so I guess expecting something to be what you'd think it would be was my own fault and I should've expected the unexpected😂.

In any case, would that mean it'd be COX3c or just COX? I have a Microsoft excel spreadsheet that has just about all the different rating abbreviations and full titles based on the year as well as what paygrade and uniform I have it in and any notes about it. I want to make sure it's as accurate as I can possibly make it.

2 hours ago, PatLaabs said:

😂

In any case, would that mean it'd be COX3c or just COX? I have a Microsoft excel spreadsheet that has just about all the different rating abbreviations and full titles based on the year as well as what paygrade and uniform I have it in and any notes about it. I want to make sure it's as accurate as I can possibly make it.

It is just COX.