1943-1947 Navy Grey Rates for C.P.O.s & P.O.s!

hhbooker2

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Believe it or not? Navy grey rates for Chief Petty Officers and Petty Officers of 1943-1947 are fast gaining popularity among collectors and their values are rising swiftly. I've got several of them myself which I do plan to donate to a fellow collector who specializes in rates of the U.S.C.G., U.S.N., etc., as a surprise, of course! Shant mention the name of my friend here, but am sure he'll be surprised once I get them posted in the U.S. Mail! Will show obverse and reverse sides of these special limited wartime rates. ENJOY! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) (POST SCRIPT: We start with the ESR (Emergency Service Rating) with the letter "M" for Chief Mailman, obverse side shown here. By the way, as I am not a dealer/seller, I never sell! I leave selling up to the professionals and contribute what I have to others, not expecting a trade, after all, it is a gift on my part to promote the hobby!) God Bless Collectors! :rolleyes:

post-837-1225471418.jpg

thumbdown.gif Thanks to Mustang Guy for allowing us to view this Chief Carpenter's Mate grey wartime rate. thumbdown.gif

post-837-1225502318.jpg

Salvage Sailor
pinch.gif Chief Boatswain's Mate rate from the collection of Mustang Guy, thanks, M.G.! pinch.gif

Ahoy Sarge,

I'll see your Chief Boatswain's Mate with a Motor Mac ....

002_BMC_crow.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Nice crows Sarge, keep 'em coming

PS - I've got several grey USN Officers tunics I'll post on another thread

001_BMC_crow.jpg

Ahoy Sarge,

I'll see your Chief Boatswain's Mate with a Motor Mac ....

Salvage aiolr, "Motor Mac" was a Motor Machinests Mate. That in a Machinests Mate (MM).

Steve Hesson

Salvage Sailor
Salvage aiolr, "Motor Mac" was a Motor Machinests Mate. That in a Machinests Mate (MM).

Steve Hesson

Indeed Steve, Machinist's Mate Chief ...... brain synapse parted like a frayed hawser

;)

Indeed Steve, Machinist's Mate Chief ...... brain synapse parted like a frayed hawser

;)

SALVAGE SAILOR and SIGSAYE: Here is a grey rate for Chief Commissaryman. Nice jacket, my sister's father referred to chiefs with one or no hanshmarks as a "SLICK-SLEEVE CHIEF!" It was not meant to be flattering! He also called Coast Guardsmen "Shallow-Water Sailors!" He was a submarine sailor, of course! He had a small Coast Guardsman knock the crap out of him once when he was in a bar and suggested the "shallow-water sailor" give his seat (barstool) to a "real sailor!" (True Story!) crying.gif Sarge Booker

post-837-1225592829.jpg

SALVAGE SAILOR: Getting slightly off course from CPO rates, here is a CB (Construction Battalion) qualification badge probably worn by CPOs? :blink:

post-837-1225593296.jpg

SALVAGE SAILOR and SIGSAYE: Another See-Bee qualification badge with CB in an open diamond. w00t.gif

post-837-1225593430.jpg

Steve Hesson

STEVE HESSON: :( Here is a black shield of the United States Coast Guard, probably a CPO? :)

post-837-1225594076.jpg

think.gif Chief Mailman rate.

Now the bullion mailman is nice...aside from Aviation Pilot and Pharmacist's Mate, I usually can't drum up any interest in the gray rating badges.

-dan