BATTLE OF THE BULGE MP FIXED LOOP HELMET ROBERT F. RUBBERT

warpath

This is good. He bought it off another forum member who got it from the guy who found it in Belgium I believe. There's a thread about it and maybe the original owner can chime in.

In light of recent events, is anyone here comfortable doing business with this seller, even if the helmet is good?

Sadly I'd bet there are folks here who will. Hope for a deal, let the furor die down, and sell at a profit to some unsuspecting sucker.

Not real hard to spot those folks

1966ww2collector

Jkash bought this from Luxemburg last year. I think it's good. But... The listing says "wounded". I do understand that the period newspaper used the same word. I researched the guy and he is DNB (Died non-battle). I mentioned this to the seller a while back but he ignored the information. I think it is way overpriced. I wouldn't mind having it at the right price. Jkash has nothing to do at all with the legitimacy of this helmet or the soldier who wore it. I do not see an issue with moving it into a respectable collector's collection.

Doug

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can remember very well going back in the later 60's, there was no worry about buying ww2 GI items. the garbage producers weren't hiding in basements cooking up fake crap. ww2 GI was not in demand-- it was the german stuff and some of it was humped like medals and badges. now the pollution has hit the u.s. field and is ruining it thanks to these Rembrandts of junk. sad indeed---------------

Jkash bought this from Luxemburg last year. I think it's good. But... The listing says "wounded". I do understand that the period newspaper used the same word. I researched the guy and he is DNB (Died non-battle). I mentioned this to the seller a while back but he ignored the information. I think it is way overpriced. I wouldn't mind having it at the right price. Jkash has nothing to do at all with the legitimacy of this helmet or the soldier who wore it. I do not see an issue with moving it into a respectable collector's collection.

Doug

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would have a problem giving this scumbag seller a cent of anyone's money ! He's burnt alot of people

With regards to having this helmet in an honest collection I see your point , but like a previous member said it's now tainted

D.C

Helmet is good. I tried to buy it before but missed out before the current owner bought it. I'd still like to have it in my collection but....

Burning Hazard

Beauty of a helmet, would love to have this one my MP collection but the price is way out of my range.

Also, I think he's liquidating whatever collection he had, he's done with helmets and militaria the way I see it. If he won't be able to sell it for that price it will have to come down eventually.

I've thought of making another offer on it. However, I'm not sure about how the history of chain of ownership may effect it later down the road. I've been one let the item speak for itself but if push came to shove and I wanted to trade up or have to sell....would that negatively effect the helmet? I'll pass on the potential risk.

don't worry about the chain of ownership due to an unsavory character that left bad feelings. a seasoned collector will have it (for a sane price) for there is proof of its history. I wanted to make an offer but, the jerk who the seller is has me blocked from his or her auctions. I think its because of a comment I made over a year ago about some over priced wreck that was being sold.

• 2 months later...

Just stumbled on this thread and had a few thoughts.

In my humble opinion, any item that has solid provenance prior to passing through Jamie's hands is as good an historical item as before, assuming it hasn't been messed with. (I won't speak for resale price because it is relatively uninteresting to me). Such items are worth preserving for their historical value and I believe they should be "rescued" by collectors who appreciate them for what they are. Of course if they are ever offered for sale, the seller is responsible to note ALL known history and chain of ownership.

I would hate to see good helmets discarded solely by virtue of having been once owned by Jamie. Didn't we see something similar with the XRF controversy (good helmets condemned and destroyed)?

I welcome discussion if warranted.