Theater made items (WWII)

SammyT

Here is a small grouping I picked up of some German made items from WWII. Some even have the price tags still on them.

Sammy T.

post-12695-0-07550000-1504056770_thumb.jpg

post-12695-0-36571400-1504056782_thumb.jpg

Great pieces. But if the price tags say $9 and $15 then the tags are probably newer. Still great items nonetheless!

Great pieces. But if the price tags say $9 and $15 then the tags are probably newer. Still great items nonetheless!

The insignia prices are in Marks. The insignia and price tags were all made c. 1945-46.

The insignia prices are in Marks. The insignia and price tags were all made c. 1945-46.

The Allies instituted a MILITARY scale in 1945 whicch was 10 marks-$1 and 40 marks to 1 for british

That's very interesting, I didn't know that. Haha thanks for the info!

The Allies instituted a MILITARY scale in 1945 whicch was 10 marks-$1 and 40 marks to 1 for british

Which changed again in late 1946 along with designs for paper Marks. The Constab was responsible for transport, movement, and security.

Which changed again in late 1946 along with designs for paper Marks. The Constab was responsible for transport, movement, and security.

Sorry, typo.

June 48 was new Deutsch Mark design.

Brian Dentino

I'd buy that bullion SHAEF patch for a $1.50! Heck, I would give you $3 for it right now.......Nice pick ups and are in great condition. It is amazing how quickly society/economy turns when in a situation like Germany in 1946...whatever sells make it and meet the demand of the occupiers. They made some AMAZING items for US forces immediately after the war. Yours are great, near mint, examples.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd buy that bullion SHAEF patch for a $1.50! Heck, I would give you $3 for it right now.......Nice pick ups and are in great condition. It is amazing how quickly society/economy turns when in a situation like Germany in 1946...whatever sells make it and meet the demand of the occupiers. They made some AMAZING items for US forces immediately after the war. Yours are great, near mint, examples.

It is not SHAEF when it's blue, Its the US Army Europe, or USAEUR in blue, the SHAEF patch is black, and only black. USAEUR is still used today.