Greetings from the U.S. Army's Vietnam War historian

erikthehistorian

erikthehistorian

Looking forward to seeing the posts in this group! I am the principal U.S. Army historian of the Vietnam War as well as the Digital Military Historian of the US Army Center of Military History in Washington DC. In my new role as DMH, I am doing a lot of work with the Army museum system and spending more time on the artifact side of military history. I do a lot of additional research on my own time, including the time that I'll spend in this group (no federal time, in other words). Thanks-

Dr. Erik B. Villard

US Army Center of Military History

(Goes without saying, but my comments and questions in this forum represent my own and not those of the Department of the Army)

Dr. Villard - welcome to the forum! I'm currently working on the Vietnam War chapter of my book on posthumous awards of the Purple Heart and have about a million questions I could ask you!

Thanks for joining!

Dave

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Welcome Erik! If you want to know any of the details of equipment, when it was made and used, you've come to the right place.

Welcome aboard. You are about to become very popular. There is a lot of interest in the Vietnam period on this Forum, including from some veterans from that conflict. Looking forward to any posts you may wish to contribute.

Welcome to the forum, Dr. Villard. We may have a friend or two in common. I know a few museum curators/directors in the Army system. I'm heavily involved with the 2d Cavalry Regiment's Reed Museum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for joining,after hours of working on the Vietnam experience all day i think it shows you have true enthusiasm for the subject at hand.I feel you will be a tremendous help.