US Issued Remington Rand

River Rat 1

I moved to Montana 4 years ago. Older surplus from Vietnam and older you have to look hard for no antique military shows so want ads in the paper and antique shops and shows and gun shows. But gun shows were WW2 weapons show up and the web gear and holsters. At the first gun show I went to there I got a Mauser P-38 Cir. 1943 as mint as you can find one and cheap no import marks so a bring back. Then at the local gun shop I walk in one day was not looking to buy any thing out of the corner of my eye I see this Remington Rand 1911 I walked out because I know what would happen. Next day I went back and had to have it got it around 1800.00 mite of paid to much but had a big dry streak of finding Military surplus in MT. Plus it's the weapon we were issued in the Navy when I stood watch on the quarter deck. US military weapons are easy to find than any thing else in MT but the prices have shot up the last few years on the issued 1911's I noticed in MT.

Had to shoot it once. I got a Hanford US made 1932 1911 colt Arginine issued one that's 75% of the bluing is gone a beater I shoot when I want to shoot some thing old school plus it was under 600 bucks when I bought it.

My thoughts are if its something you like and can afford the price then you never paid to much.Something you can enjoy and hold and later on pass down to a family member if interest is there.

phantomfixer

My thoughts are if its something you like and can afford the price then you never paid to much.Something you can enjoy and hold and later on pass down to a family member if interest is there.

well put...don't drink (much), don't cuss (hardly), and don't smoke (ever) so why not indulge

and very nice 1911...crisp lines very little wear ...

Agreed!

El Bibliotecario

...no import marks so a bring back.

Import marks were required by 1986 legislation which allowed the resumption of surplus weapons importing which had been curtailed the the 1968 Gun Control Act. So a weapon with no import markings could have been brought into the US by a GI--or by Interarmco prior to 1968.

Hard to say if this is a bring back. Why before our time the govt. once sold these as surplus around the 1950-1960 and dirt cheap compared what they sell for now. With original box and 2 magazines plus a mint never used issued Remington Rand 1911 from the 1940's this could of been one of those. I don't know the history of this one. Remember the 1960's was a different time in any state you could buy a gun mail order times have changed.